Authorities: Grantsburg Man Dies After Large Tree Limb Lands on Him
Town of Anderson, Burnett County, WI - On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 7:50 p.m. the Burnett County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a missing person in the area of East River Road southwest of Oeltjen Road, about eight miles south of Grantsburg. Family members stated that the individual had last been seen at about 4:15 p.m. Sunday afternoon.
Deputies and a Burnett County K9 unit, along with Grantsburg Fire Department personnel searched the area; the Barron County Sheriff’s Office provided assistance using an unmanned aerial device (UAV) with night vision capability.
At 04:25 a.m. searchers discovered the body of Raymond Granquist, 69, of Grantsburg near a wooded area on his property about one half mile southwest of his home. Initial investigation indicates that Granquist was using a tractor to pull down a dead tree when a large limb broke and landed on him. Granquist was pronounced dead at the scene by Burnett County Medical Examiner Mike Maloney.
No other information is being released at this time.
Per Burnett County Chief Deputy Scott M. Burns
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Opinion: After My Family’s 15 Year Battle, Property Rights in Wisconsin Have Been Restored
- WCAHS Tree of Lights Event: 'Dreams Do Come True'
- Guilty Plea to 5th Offense OWI by Webster Man After Failing to Appear for Jury Trial
- Siren Man Faces Felony Charges After Discovery of More Than 20 Pot Plants
- Authorities Identify Deceased Person Found in Interstate Park
- Arrest Warrant Issued on Attempted Arson Charges Filed Against Grantsburg Man
- Father Arrested for Reckless Homicide after Investigation into 3-Month-Old Daughter's Death
- Alcohol Suspected as Factor in Vehicle vs Tree Crash in Burnett County
- Tree Stand Photo Contest
- One Arrested After Allegedly Shooting at Man; Police Seeking 2nd Person for Questioning