Having a job that consists of computer work and sitting at a desk throughout your workday can make it difficult to be active. Our bodies are made to move and it is known that physical activity is beneficial to both physical and mental health.
Here are some simple but effective exercises that can be done in your office or home office to help you fit physical activity into your busy day:
- One-legged squats – hold onto a wall or table for support
- Stand with one leg straight and kick your buttocks with the other.
- Sitting in your chair, lift one leg off the seat, extend it out straight, hold for 2 seconds; then lower your foot (stop short of the floor) and hold for several seconds. Switch
- Put both hands on your chair arms and slowly lift your bottom off the chair. Lower yourself back down but stop short of the seat, hold for a few seconds.
- Put your hands on the desk and hang on. Slowly push your chair back until your head is between your arms and you're looking at the floor. Then slowly pull yourself back in.
- Desk push ups – hold on to your desk, walk backwards, then do push-ups against the desk
- Run in place
Submitted by: Burnett County Public Health
“Healthy Minute” is brought to you by healthyburnett.org
Last Update: Jun 08, 2020 11:56 am CDT