Skeletal Remains of Human Body Discovered in Barron County
On December 3, 2017, a subject called the sheriff’s department stating his dog had brought home what looked like the partial remains of a human skull.
Deputies from the Barron County Sheriff’s Department responded to the area south of Barron on 10th Ave and identified the skull as what was believed to be a human skull.
A search of a wooded area near the house was conducted and the skeletal remains of a body were discovered.
The Wisconsin State Patrol, the Barron County Medical Examiner, the Wisconsin State Crime Lab and the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office in MN are all assisting with the case to determine more information on if it is a male or female, how long it have been there and any other way to determine the identification of the remains.
At this time, Barron County has no missing person cases and we are contacting surrounding counties as to other missing person cases.
Per Chris Fitzgerald, Barron County Sheriff
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Barron Man Indicted in Federal Court on Meth Charges
- Barron County Woman Charged with Wire Fraud & Tax Crimes
- Missing Waupun Man Found Deceased in Barron County
- Jury Trials Scheduled for 2 Men Charged Criminally in Barron County Death Case
- Human West Nile Virus Confirmed in Barron County
- Barn Fire in Barron
- Man Wanted on Nationwide Warrant Arrested: Appears in Barron County Court
- Save the Date: The Body Shop North to Host 'WOD & Wine'
- Scammers Using Barron County Department of Health & Human Services Phone Number