Investigation into Heroin & Cocaine Trafficking in Sawyer Co. Leads to Multiple Arrests
On the evening of 11/06/17, Sawyer County Deputies, the Sawyer County Swat Team, Lac Court Oreilles Police Department Officers and WI DOJ Division of Criminal Investigation Agents executed a search warrant at 12329W County Highway N in the Township of Couderay. A 9mm handgun, drug paraphernalia and a digital scale were seized during the search of the residence.
Information leading to the search warrant was obtained during a cooperative investigation into heroin and cocaine trafficking in Sawyer County & on the LCO Reservation by Sawyer County Deputies, Lac Court Oreilles Police Officers, DCI Agents and City of Hayward Police Officers. During the investigation over One Quarter (1/4) Pound of Heroin and Two (2) Ounces of Cocaine were seized, in addition to the 9mm Handgun.
Three male suspects were taken into custody as a result of the investigation; Cory R. Demain, age 26 of the Township of Couderay, Brian A. Melendez Santiago, age 20 of Milwaukee, WI and Robert E. Morgan, age 40 of Cudahy, WI.
(Pictured Above - L/R: Brian A. Melendez Santiago, Cory R. Demain, Robert E. Morgan)
The results of the investigation have been forwarded to the Sawyer District Attorney’s Office for consideration of the filing of criminal charges. You are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
The Sawyer County Sheriff’s Office, the Lac Court Oreilles Police Department, the City of Hayward Police Department and the Wisconsin Department of Justice Division of Criminal Investigation continue our combined efforts in our mission to protect the citizens of Sawyer County.
Sheriff Doug Mrotek
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Walker Signs 8 Crime Prevention & Victim Protection Bills into Law
- Shell Lake Officer Receives Letter of Commendation for Investigation into Cenex Burglary
- Arrest by Spooner Police Leads to Charges of OWI with Kids in Car, Possession of Meth
- Walker Signs Three Bills Supporting Veterans into Law
- Walker Signs 36 Bills Into Law, Including Allowing Wis. Farmers to Grow Hemp
- Anonymous Tip Leads to Drug Bust in Washburn County
- Three Jarchow Bills Signed Into Law
- Governor Walker Signs 19 Bills Into Law
- Father Arrested for Reckless Homicide after Investigation into 3-Month-Old Daughter's Death