MINONG -- The Jack Link’s Aquatic & Activity Center is set to open March 24 as the first community center in the greater Minong region. The non-profit community hub began as a vision for Jack Link, founder of Link Snacks, and his wife Mary Jo, to gift a positive space for community members of all ages and to thank their hometown for supporting their family owned and operated businesses.
“We feel so honored by the support of the Minong community throughout the years, and we feel incredibly blessed to help give this community a resource it deserves,” said Jack Link, founder of Link Snacks. “My family and I hope the center acts as a place to gather any time of the year, for kids to swim and learn, and where the whole family can be healthy and happy.”
The state-of-the-art facility will serve as a place for the people of Minong and surrounding communities to stay active, foster fellowship, and come together through a variety of activities to feed their wild side.
“Our business has grown because of Minong’s community support and team members,” said CEO Troy Link. “This center is much more than a company goodwill initiative but rather an opportunity to say thank you to the people who have been so good to us.”
The Jack Link’s Aquatic & Activity Center offers affordable rates for daily passes as well as monthly and annual memberships.
- Daily pass rates range from $5 for youth (ages 2-18) and $20 for household (2+ at residence).
- Monthly membership ranges from $20 for youth and $65 for household.
- Annual membership ranges from $216 for youth and $702 for household.
“Our mission is to ensure that the facility is accessible to as many families, individuals and businesses as possible. We’re proud to offer affordable rates and state-of-the-art amenities that serve a wide variety of community and individual needs,” said Ken Weinaug, executive director of Jack Link’s Aquatic & Activity Center.
Members and visitors will have access to many amenities, including:
- State-of-the-art cardio and strength equipment
- Specially designed men, women and family locker rooms
- Three 25-yard lap swim lanes and dedicated lap swim time to fit busy schedules
- Interactive aquatic play area designed for toddlers through pre-teens, including zero-
- depth access to the pool
- Soothing and spacious dry sauna
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi available throughout the building
- Discounts on classes, programs and facility rentals
- Multipurpose rooms for meetings and special events
The Jack Link’s Aquatic & Activity Center has meeting and banquet areas available for rent and can support events ranging from birthday and graduation parties, to weddings, sporting events, concerts, and meetings.
For detailed membership and rental information, or to learn more about the Jack Link’s Aquatic & Activity Center, visit jlaac.org.
The mission of the Jack Link’s Aquatic & Activity Center as a 501(c)(3) community center is to enhance community life in Minong and the surrounding area by providing positive and impactful social, physical, and recreational opportunities for individuals, families, and the community at large in Minong and the surrounding area.