Balsam Lake, WI… Today, State Representative Adam Jarchow (R-Balsam Lake) announced his intent to run for the Senate seat being vacated by Senator Sheila Harsdorf (R-River Falls). Earlier today, Governor Walker announced he was appointing Senator Harsdorf to serve as the next DATCP Secretary. This will leave open the seat held by Senator Harsdorf since 2000. The seat will be filled in a special election which will likely occur in the next couple months.
Jarchow has served as the State Representative for 28th Assembly District since 2015, and is proud to announce that he has been endorsed by a number of current and former Republican State Representatives from the 10th Senate District including sitting Representative Rob Stafsholt (R-New Richmond) and former Representatives Erik Severson (R-Osceola), Dean Knudson (R-Hudson), John Murtha (R-Baldwin), Andy Lamb (R-Menomonie) and Mark Pettis (R-Hertel). Adam is also endorsed by a number of local government leaders including former St. Croix County Board Chair Daryl Standafer and former Polk County Board Chair, Bob Blake.
Rep. Knudson said, "I'm excited to endorse Adam Jarchow for State Senate. He has proven he is principled, smart, hard-working, and independent. He's the rare politician who actually does exactly what he says and doesn't let special interests influence his votes.”
Rep. Stafsholt commented, "As an avid outdoorsman, I am thankful to have someone like Adam fighting for our hunting, fishing, and Second Amendment rights. As a farmer, it's comforting to know that in Adam, we will continue to have a strong voice for agriculture and small business in the Wisconsin State Senate."
Jarchow said, "I am humbled and honored to seek the Senate Seat currently held by my friend Sheila Harsdorf. For the past 17 years, Sheila has fought (and won) for our part of the state. I have had a chance to work with Sheila and have co-authored several bills with her. If elected, I am committed to carrying on her legacy of commonsense and tenacious commitment to representing the good people of the Northwestern Wisconsin in the State Senate."
Jarchow lives outside Balsam Lake with his wife of 15 years, Barbara, and their 4-year old twins Bo and Megan. He graduated from Clear Lake High School and was the first in his family to graduate from college. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in finance and a law degree. In addition to his work in the Assembly, Jarchow has practiced law in Northwestern Wisconsin for nearly a decade. He serves on the Board of the Polk County Economic Development Corporation, is a member of the Apple River Volunteer Fire Department, and an active community member.
For more information, visit www.adamjarchow.com.
21 Things You Might Not Know About Me: Rep. Adam Jarchow
Wednesday, September 6, 2017 | Submitted by Adam Jarchow
Representative Jarchow represents the 28th Assembly District which consists of parts of St. Croix, Polk, and Burnett counties.
- I went to Boyceville school for 1st and 2nd grade. It was before open enrollment. My parents swapped districts with a neighbor so we would have a shorter bus ride to Clear Lake (3rd - 12th grade).
- I met my wife, Barbara, in college. She's from New Jersey.
- I am the first in my family to graduate from college.
- I hate vegetables (especially cooked peas and carrots) and love unhealthy foods like cookies and hamburgers.
- When my wife is out of town, I buy Jacks pizza (5 for $10) and eat them the whole time she's gone.
- I shot my first bear last year. It was 613 undressed. A Boone and Crocket.
- I am a Republican but have a strong libertarian streak.
- I hold the Clear Lake high school shot put record.
- I grew up in Reeve and still love to trout fish in the Hay river.
- I milked cows at the neighbor's farm before I had a drivers license. I got in my first car crash (while driving) at a farm, long before I had my license.
- I prefer college football to pro football.
- Kent Hrbek was my baseball hero when I was younger.
- I have 3 brothers and no sisters (my poor mom).
- I've tried ski jumping on waterskis resulting in some epic crashes.
- My wife and I struggled to get pregnant so having twins a few years ago, is the greatest blessing I will ever know.
- I think the new Vikings stadium is really ugly.
- When I first joined the fire dept, the sight of blood made me sick, but after being on the scene at lots of car accidents, it no longer bothers me much (drive safe).
- I would love to fly in a fighter jet. I am mesmerized by the Blue Angels.
- Bow hunting is easily my favorite hobby.
- Some of my best friends (and business partners) are liberal democrats. We have great debates about issues but we remain good friends and don't allow politics to ruin it.
- I got suspended from high school for helping to orchestrate a food fight. My mom was the lunch lady - how embarrassing for her