July 4th Traffic Stop Leads to 7th OWI Charges for Webster Woman
A traffic stop on the 4th of July, 2017 has resulted in Felony charges of 7th Offense Operating While Intoxicated (OWI) for a Webster, WI woman.
According to the criminal complaint at around 11:30 AM on July 4, 2017, a Webster, WI Police Officer saw a woman driving in the Village of Webster without a seatbelt on. A traffic stop was conducted, and the officer identified the driver as Connie Prose, of Webster, WI. The officer asked Prose if she had a driver's license or an occupational license or an identification card; Prose handed the officer a blank check receipt and said that was the best she could do.
When the officer asked Prose if she had been drinking, Prose said, No. The officer told Prose that the officer could smell mouthwash and asked if she had been drinking mouthwash; Prose again said, No.
After confirming that Prose's driver's license was revoked by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation for a prior alcohol-related conviction, Prose was placed under arrest for Misdemeanor Operating While Revoked. The officer reportedly found a partially crushed beer case behind the driver's seat of the car as well with a bottle of Non-Alcohol Mouthwash.
Prose was transported to the Burnett County Jail and during the booking process, a portable breath test was conducted. The results of that test were .25. Prose then agreed to undergo an intoximeter test; the results of which were .23.
The criminal complaint states that Prose was previously convicted of OWI on 6 separate occasions:
- December 16, 1997, in Sawyer County, WI in connection with an incident which occurred on November 7, 1997
- October 1, 1998, in Burnett County, WI in connection with an incident which occurred on July 3, 1998
- November 28, 2011, in Polk County, WI in connection with an incident which occurred on April 17, 2011
- March 5, 2013, in Burnett County, Wisconsin in connection with an incident which occurred on July 19, 2012
- March 5, 2013, in Burnett County, Wisconsin in connection with an incident which occurred on November 15, 2012
- February 13, 2017, in Burnett County, WI in connection with an incident which occurred on April 21, 2016
Prose is charged with Class F Felony 7th Offense OWI, Class F Felony 7th Offense Operating with a Prohibited Alcohol Concentration, Misdemeanor Operating a Motor Vehicle While Revoked, and Misdemeanor Failure to Install an Ignition Interlock Device.
Prose appeared in Burnett County Circuit Court on July 12, 2017, regarding her Felony charges. No new court date is listed for her at this time.
Pursuant to the direction of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, as found in Supreme Court Rule 20:3.6, Trial Publicly, you are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Additional Charges Filed Against Woman Involved in Possible Overdose Incident at Siren School
- Arrest Warrant Issued on Attempted Arson Charges Filed Against Grantsburg Man
- Criminal & Traffic Disposition Report for Washburn County from 11/13 to 11/17
- Criminal & Traffic Disposition Report for Washburn County from 11/6 to 11/10
- Woman Sentenced to 25 Years Prison for Child Sexual Assault
- Investigation into Heroin & Cocaine Trafficking in Sawyer Co. Leads to Multiple Arrests
- Criminal & Traffic Disposition Report for Washburn County from 10/30 to 11/3
- Hair Follicle Testing Leads to Criminal Charges of Child Neglect
- Charges of Child Neglect Filed After Missing Child Located
- Felony Charges Filed Following Incident At Siren Schools Involving Possible Overdose