K-9 Koda Apprehends Armed Suspect
On Saturday, November 4th, at 10:20 p.m., the Barron County Sheriff’s Department responded to a call at 157 2nd Ave Clayton, the Cabin Bar and Grill, for a subject causing problems.
Deputies from the Barron County Sheriff’s Department responded to the scene. While in route to the scene a second call came in advising this subject was now outside the bar and had a handgun.
When deputies arrived, the subject was not there but was identified as Andrew Bauerfield, 34, and he had fled to a nearby house. Deputies made contact with Mr. Bauerfield but he refused to exit the house. Deputies were able to get Mr. Bauerfield to open the door and observed a shotgun next to Mr. Bauerfield.
Deputies attempted to talk Mr. Bauerfield out but he continued to refuse deputies commands. Deputies deployed a Taser to apprehend Mr. Bauerfield. Mr. Bauerfield continued to refuse commands and K-9 Koda was sent in the house to apprehend him.
Mr. Bauerfield was treated for minor injuries from the K-9 apprehension and is currently being held in the Barron County Jail on charges of Disorderly Conduct, Possession of a Firearm by a Felon, Probation Violation and Resisting Arrest.
Per Chris Fitzgerald, Barron County Sheriff
You May Also Be Interested In:
- 4 Charged With Armed Robbery Following Assault in Burnett County
- Barron County Sheriff's Dept. Searching for Suspect
- Barron Co. K-9 Locates Attic Crawl Space; Apprehends Subject
- Report: Vinehout Wrote Reference Letter for Child P*rnography Suspect
- Suspect Apprehended in Barron Co. Following Reported Auto Theft in Shell Lake
- Barron County K9 Koda Apprehends Suspect
- Update: Suspect in Custody
- (UPDATE) Police Say 2nd Suspect in Custody Following Burglary of Spooner Business
- (UPDATE) Burglary Suspect Arrested, in Custody