SPOONER, Wis. -- A lightning strike is believed to be the cause of a fire that destroyed a Spooner home last evening, Wednesday, May 17, 2017, according to Spooner Fire Chief Darren Vik.
The home, located at N5024 Yellow River Dr, started on fire shortly after neighbors heard a loud bang along with a seeing a bright light shortly after 7:30 P.M.
Sources told DrydenWire that the owners were out of state at the time, and Chief Vik confirms that there were no injuries.
The residence was formerly the Green Thumb Gardens and Greenhouses business. The entire home was recently remodeled and was put up for sale, but is now a total loss.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Victim Identified from Deadly House Fire in Polk County
- Preliminary Hearing Set for Man Charged with Making Terrorist Threats at Spooner Graduation
- Save The Date: Spooner Health’s 10th Annual Golf Outing
- 3-Vehicle Crash in Spooner
- Spooner Man Sentenced on Drug Charges
- Competency Evaluation Ordered for Spooner Man Charged with Possession of Child P*rn
- Spooner Man Facing Multiple Meth Related Charges in Washburn & Burnett Counties
- Spooner Woman Charged with Felony OWI 4th Offense
- Spooner 'Blows' No More
- (VIDEO) Bear Caught on Camera by Spooner Homeowner