SPOONER, Wis. -- A lightning strike is believed to be the cause of a fire that destroyed a Spooner home last evening, Wednesday, May 17, 2017, according to Spooner Fire Chief Darren Vik.
The home, located at N5024 Yellow River Dr, started on fire shortly after neighbors heard a loud bang along with a seeing a bright light shortly after 7:30 P.M.
Sources told DrydenWire that the owners were out of state at the time, and Chief Vik confirms that there were no injuries.
The residence was formerly the Green Thumb Gardens and Greenhouses business. The entire home was recently remodeled and was put up for sale, but is now a total loss.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Update: Spooner's Mike Varro Wins Silver in World Rowing Championship; Seeks Sponsors
- Healthcare Career Exploration at Spooner Health
- New Physical Therapist Accepting Patients at Spooner Physical Therapy: Meet Michelle Jeske
- Former Wisconsin Democratic Party Official’s Home Searched Following Overdose Death
- New Intergenerational Playgroup in Spooner
- Jury Trial Scheduled for Spooner Man on Meth Charges
- Around Town: Spooner's Lucy Strunk Wins Third Place in National Poster Contest
- Spooner Physical Therapy & Rehab Giving Away Prizes All Month!
- Local Spooner Thimbles Quilt Shop Makes United Women Veterans Northwestern Chapters Flag
- School Garden Workshop Offered at Spooner Elementary School