Local Spooner Thimbles Quilt Shop Makes United Women Veterans Northwestern Chapters Flag
The United Women Veterans Northwestern Chapter Organization was in need of a Women Veterans Organizational Flag. Much like you see the Flags that VFW and American Legion Posts carry in the local parades and on Memorial Day. So, Owner of the Thimbles Quilt Shop in Spooner, Debbie Wertanen volunteered to hand make the Flag for the Women Veterans.
It took 2 long months for Debbie to complete the project, with many hours dedicated, while laboring over the silky material and the 5 military branch emblems and gold fringe trim. The final results are just exactly what the Ladies desired.
On Wednesday 7 of the UWV-NWC Members came to the Thimbles Quilt shop to award Debbie with a certificate of appreciation for her efforts and time for completing the Flag.
At this time we were to present Debbie Wertanen with a check payment of $300.00 for her services but Diane asked us to donate it on her behalf to the "Tomb of the Unknown Soldier" Replica Project. So we have done just that! What diligence, generosity and kindness are around us all!
Pictured from Left to Right is Debbie Wertanen, Terri Corrie, Marshelle Machtan, Cora Sower, Lisa Swenson, Jill Matthys, Kerri Adams, and Lisa Powers.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Addison Agen, 'The Voice' Finalist Contestant with Spooner Ties
- Spooner Man Pleads Not Guilty to Charges of 2nd Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety
- Arrest by Spooner Police Leads to Charges of OWI with Kids in Car, Possession of Meth
- 'Breakfast for the Brain' Coming to Spooner Senior Center
- Spooner Area School District Election Notice for School Board
- Walker Signs Three Bills Supporting Veterans into Law
- Jimmy's Pizza in Spooner is 'Moving On'
- Spooner Health Lights up the Holidays with Love Light Ceremony
- Spooner Chamber Announces New Executive Director
- Spooner Man Pleads Guilty to Burglary of IPlay Store