SPOONER, WI — Starting a business carries risks. As an entrepreneur, you can work to lessen or diminish these risks by performing some due diligence as part of the initial planning stages. Don’t fret though, there are resources available to guide entrepreneurs!
Washburn County Economic Development Corporation (WCEDC) is here to assist through each of your business development planning stages. Through collaboration we are able to bring amazing business resources to our community. WCEDC offers free assistance to help develop and achieve your business goals, creating a roadmap to profitability.
Get the inside scoop on all of the business assistance services there are available in Washburn County by contacting Washburn County Development Corporation at 715-635-8242, or visit their website here.
About The WCEDC
WCEDC supports businesses large and small, industrial and commercial. WCEDC works directly with public and private entities in the County as well as State and Federal Government to provide comprehensive assistance.
Washburn County has a lot to offer in terms of quality of life and being at the "Crossroads of the North" for business opportunities. Numerous lakes, rivers and streams and a large expanse of public forested lands and trails has something for all outdoor enthusiasts.
Washburn County Economic Development Corporation (WCEDC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation that was established in 2002 in a response to having a center to serve existing county businesses, promote the development of new business start-ups, and to help businesses relocate to Washburn County. WCEDC wants to facilitate and stimulate economic growth and stability for Washburn County. WCEDC's Mission: "To Expand the Tax Base, Create New Jobs and Retain Existing Businesses in Washburn County." Our vision is to be the resource for economic development in Washburn County leading to attraction, retention and expansion of business to create a strong economic environment.
Funding for WCEDC comes from membership contributions and from businesses and organizations that are located in or service Washburn County. WCEDC also works directly with The Washburn County Industrial Development Agency that administers the Revolving Loan Fund which currently includes five funds one of which is funded by Washburn County.
Your Business Needs Resource
- Working with the Washburn County Industrial Development Agency Revolving Loan Funds
- Assisting businesses with financial needs which may include grants, the Revolving Loan Funds, lending agencies, and local lenders
- Locating a business site
- Marketing in Washburn County
- Collaborating with local, regional, state, and federal agencies on issues that affect Washburn County businesses and economics
- Acting as liaison with local, state, and federal government agencies
- Providing assistance in grant writing and applications that impact Washburn County economics
- Advocating for infrastructure improvements, including broadband and tourism projects
- Communicating with business and education leaders regarding area workforce job skills and needs, and implementing programs for business development
Learn more by visiting the WCEDC website here.