Barron Man Arrested For OWI After Striking Pedestrian With Vehicle
On Thursday, December 28, 2017, at 10:38 p.m., the Barron County Sheriff’s Department received a 911 call of a car vs pedestrian accident on 20th Street near 9th Avenue.
The Barron County Sheriff’s Department along with the Chetek Fire Department, Life Link Helicopter, Chetek First Responders and Chetek Ambulance responded to the scene.
Initial investigation shows Jason Kothbauer, 41 of Cameron, was walking home when he was struck by a vehicle driven by Nathan Ahlm, 25 of Barron. After striking Kothbauer, the Ahlm vehicle went into the ditch.
Kothbauer was flown to an Eau Claire hospital with non-life threatening leg and head injuries and Ahlm was arrested for reckless driving causing injury and OWI. Ahlm is currently being held in the Barron County Jail awaiting formal charges by the District Attorney’s office.
Per Chris Fitzgerald, Barron County Sheriff
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Barron County Soil Conservation Programs
- Barron County Sheriff’s Dept 2017 Annual Report
- 290 Pounds of Pot Seized After Chase Near Osseo, WI
- Shell Lake Woman Charged With OWI 4th; Blood Alcohol Twice Legal Limit
- Namekagon River Highlighted as Wisconsin's Moving National Park with Help from Tourism Grant
- Local Man Still Logs with Horses
- Gordon Woman Arrested for 5th Offense OWI
- Rice Lake Trailer Court Evacuated After Report of Man With Gun
- Missing Barron County Man Found Dead
- Felony Charges Filed Against Barron Man Following Car vs Pedestrian Incident