Authorities: Reported Missing Man on ATV Found Safe
On 10/16/17 at 8:55 p.m. the Sawyer County Sheriff’s Office received a call of an overdue 37 year old male who left a relative’s residence on Barker Lake Road area in eastern Sawyer County at about 5:00 p.m. on an ATV The missing male was heading to his residence in the City of Hayward. The male was believed to be traveling on trails through Sawyer County in an area of many square miles of remote wooded areas.
Sawyer County Deputies assisted by personnel & equipment from Sawyer County Search & Rescue, the Round Lake Fire Department, The Winter Fire Department, the Town of Hayward Fire Department, the Spider Lake Fire Department as well as Sawyer County Ambulance EMTs & Paramedic, responded to the call. A staging area was established at the Hay Creek boat landing on CTH B.
Several Search & Rescue and Fire Department Teams on ATVs were deployed on various ATV routes, proceeding west from the Barker Lake area, east from the City of Hayward and multiple directions from the staging area on CTH B, in a coordinated effort to locate the missing male.
At approximately 12:14 a.m. the missing male was located, parked on his ATV in a wooded area near Hemlock Haven Road, approximately two miles from the residence on Barker Lake Road. The male, who advised he became lost after taking a wrong turn, was found to be in good condition. He was escorted to an awaiting ambulance by Winter Fire Department personnel, at which time he was assessed by the ambulance crew. The male was subsequently transported home by a family member.
The Sawyer County Sheriff’s Office thanks Sawyer County Search & Rescue, the Round Lake Fire Department, The Winter Fire Department, the Town of Hayward Fire Department, as well as Sawyer County Ambulance EMTs & Paramedic, for their assistance and excellent Teamwork in locating the missing male in such a vast search area.
This is another fine example of the on-going cooperation and dedication of each of these entities, working together as a team to help the keep citizens of and visitors to Sawyer County safe.
Per Sawyer County Chief Deputy Craig Faulstich
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Authorities Identify Deceased Person Found in Interstate Park
- Missing Waupun Man Found Deceased in Barron County
- Providing Safe and Effective Nutrition for People with Dementia
- Burnett County Authorities Seeking Grantsburg Man
- Charges of Child Neglect Filed After Missing Child Located
- (UPDATE) Sheriff: All 3 People Found in House Suffered Gunshot Wounds
- Sheriff Mrotek: No Evidence of Criminal Activity Found in Death of Ryan Gedart
- Authorities: Grantsburg Man Dies After Large Tree Limb Lands on Him
- Numerous Fraudulent Checks/Forgery Cases Reported in Sawyer County
- Missing Runaway Teen Found Safe