Missing Barron County Man Found Dead
CHETEK -- The Barron County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed that Joey Moen, of Chetek, whose family reported missing, has been found deceased.
A Facebook page, Find Joey Moen, was created last weekend. Friends and family of Joey sought the community’s help in locating him.
Today, Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald issued the following press release...
"On January 3, 2018, the Barron County Sheriff’s Department investigators were following up on a missing person case from December 27, 2017, and rechecking the area Joseph Moen was possible last seen, when they discovered a body in the woods outside of Chetek.
"The body has been identified as Joseph Moen, 49 of Chetek. Initial cause of death appears to be hypothermia but an autopsy is being conducted by the Barron County Medical Examiner’s office. No foul play is suspected at this time."
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Barron County Sheriff Wants Drug Testing In High Schools
- 3 People Apply for Barron County District Attorney
- Woman Sentenced in Barron County for Conviction of Delivery of Meth
- Man in Custody After Allegedly Firing Gun During Altercation in Barron County
- 'Bargain Bill' Dead at Age 66
- Sex Offender to be Released in Barron County on Tuesday
- 2nd Person Arrested for Obstruction After Lying to Officers About Barron Co. Gun Incident
- Governor Walker Seeks Applicants for Barron County District Attorney
- Chetek Man Charged with ‘Controlled Buy’ Meth Investigation in Barron County
- Woman Arrested for Obstruction After Lying to Officers About Barron Co. Gun Incident