Moms Club of NW Wisconsin Organizes Fundraiser to Benefit Children in Need
Moms Club of Northwestern Wisconsin recently organized a fundraiser to benefit children in need. Donations were collected from Spooner businesses to fill tote bags with age-appropriate necessities and comfort items. Moms Club then gifted the tote bags to the Washburn County Foster Care Program. These bags will be given to children that are removed from an unsafe environment and placed in foster care.
L-R Carmen Halvorson, Jane Lauterbach, Kara Peck, Rachele Scribner, Leah Wekseth
If you would like more information please find Moms Club of Northwestern Wisconsin on Facebook.
This fundraiser was made possible by the generous gifts of Spooner Outlet, Thimbles Quilt Shop, Sather’s Jewelry, Shell Lake State Bank, Vic Sacco/Edina Reality, Tim Reedy/ State Farm, Shopko, and Lakeland Family Resource Center.
Caption for featured image: L-R Julia Emch and Hillary Thompson from the Washburn County Foster Care Program Rachele Scribner, Kara & Harrison Peck, Grace & Jane Lauterbach from Moms Club of NW Wisc.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Rusk County Deputy to be Recognized as Wisconsin Assembly ‘Hometown Hero’
- Higher Minimum Wages Started in 18 states on January 1 (Not Wisconsin)
- Stone Lake Receives $2,962 in Reimbursement from Wisconsin Disaster Fund
- Frozen Road Law Takes Effect Friday in Northern Wisconsin
- Charges Filed Against 2 Women After Investigation Reveals Marijuana Use With Children in Home
- Salvation Army in 'Desperate Need' for Bell Ringers in Washburn County
- Traffic Crashes Claim 46 Lives in Wisconsin Last Month
- Opinion: After My Family’s 15 Year Battle, Property Rights in Wisconsin Have Been Restored
- Ask the Dentist: What Do I Need to Know About Aging and My Oral Health?