Multiple Felonies Filed Against Man & Woman for Alleged Theft from Estate
Multiple felony charges have been filed against a Shell Lake, WI man and woman following an investigation into alleged theft of property from the estate of a deceased Washburn County man.
Content Weber and Scott Mancl, both of Shell Lake, WI, have been charged criminally in Washburn County Circuit Court as the result of an investigation by the Washburn County Sheriff’s Office into allegations of the theft of dozens of property items from the estate of a Washburn County man, Randy Zimmerman, who passed away in May 2017.
Zimmerman’s family contacted law enforcement and advised that thousands of dollars worth of property items that had belonged to Zimmerman had gone missing following his death. The family stated to law enforcement that Weber had been dating Zimmerman in the months prior to his death and living at Zimmerman’s residence. Following the funeral for Zimmerman, Weber allegedly refused to move out of his residence, and the family stated that they had to initiate an eviction proceeding through the court system. In October 2017 Weber moved out, and the family was able to review Zimmerman’s residence and property, discovering that numerous items were missing.
A criminal complaint filed in Washburn County Circuit Court against Weber states that Weber initially denied the theft of any items, instead stating that she had purchased items in question. However, Weber allegedly later admitted to knowledge regarding items that had been removed from Zimmerman’s residence and property.
The criminal complaint goes on to state that in addition to the retrieval of a zero turn lawn mower, power tools, grill, refrigerator, and a game camera, several firearms were also retrieved during the investigation, including four long guns.
As the investigation progressed, it came to the attention of law enforcement that Mancl had been involved in the removal of Zimmerman’s property. Ultimately, both Weber and Mancl admitted that items which were located by investigation officers had come from Zimmerman’s property.
Online circuit court records show that Weber is charged with Class G Felony Theft-Movable Property (valued at more than $10,000); six counts of Class H Felony Theft-Movable Property-Special Facts; and Misdemeanor Resisting or Obstructing an Officer.
Mancl is facing charges of Class G Felony Theft-Movable Property (valued at greater than $10,000); six counts of Class G Felony Possess Firearm-Convicted of a Felony; six counts of Class H Felony Theft-Movable Property-Special Facts; and Misdemeanor Resisting or Obstructing an Officer. All of Mancl’s charges have the Party to a Crime penalty enhancer attached to them.
Initial Appearance hearings are set for both Mancl and Weber regarding their criminal charges in this case in May 2018.
According to online circuit court records, Mancl is also facing criminal charges of Misdemeanor Domestic Abuse Battery; Misdemeanor Domestic Abuse Disorderly Conduct; and Misdemeanor Possession of THC (Marijuana) filed against him in two additional cases in Washburn County Circuit Court, however details of those two cases are not known to DrydenWire.com at this time.
The following list of items was included in the criminal complaint filed against Weber and specifies the items reported missing from Zimmerman’s estate, with notations as the retrieval of some items:
- Item #1: King-Griller, acorn model, red in color. This item was located on the deck of 818 7th Avenue.
- Item #2: DeWalt worksite radio, model DCR015, with damage to the antenna. This item was located in a bedroom that was used as a storage room at 818 7th Avenue.
- Item #3: Stealth Cam bearing serial number F033654 and engraved lettering "RANDY ZIMMERMAN". This item was located in a bedroom that was used as a storage room at 818 7th Avenue.
- Item #4: Wild Garne game card reader, model VU50, serial number 395509901615. This item was located in a bedroom that was used as a storage room at 818 7th Avenue.
- Item #5: DeWalt impact drill, model DC827, 1/4" size with red colored electrical tape wrapped on the handle and no battery. This item was located in a closet near the entrance. The items below were located in the silver colored metal shed on the north side of the residence at 823 West County Highway B.
- Item #6: Black colored bucket containing 5 ice fishing poles; 1 blue and silver in color, 1 orange, yellow, and black in color, 1 blue in color, 1 black and pink in color, 1 black in color with an orange colored reel, fishing line, a single closed face fishing reel, and 3 small dipping nets.
- Item #7: White colored 5 gallon bucket with 6 Beaver Dam wooden tip ups and 2 HT bright yellow colored plastic tip ups.
- Item #8: Plastic Stanley tool box, black and yellow in color, containing sanding disks.
- Item #9: Johnson plastic tool box for an air nailer.
- ltem #10: Hilti Masonry drill, model TE17, in a black colored metal case with bits.
- Item #11 : Black colored container with clear lids containing numerous nuts and bolts.
- Item #12: Plastic worksite case containing a green colored grinder.
- Item #13: Milwaukee brand sawzall in a red colored plastic case bearing
- Item #14: Vexilar fish finder, model FL-8, sub model SE, with a blue colored carrier.
- Item #15: Marcum fish camera in a red colored soft case.
- Item #16: Makita hand power pointer, corded, model N1900B.
- Item #17: DeWalt drill bit set with some bits missing.
- Item #18: Menards soft case cooler with miscellaneous small plastic containers for fishing lures.
- Item #19: Small plastic bucket containing miscellaneous hand tools; a pry bar, screw drivers, alien wrenches, and other hand tools for construction work.
- Item #20: Hand crank come-along winch.
- Item #21: Ridgid brand router in a black colored soft case.
- Item #22: Master Force circular saw.
- Item #23: Makita circular saw with an orange colored blade.
- Item #24: Ridgid brand circular saw, model R3200.
- Item #25: DeWalt cordless rotary, model DW073, with battery, and engraved letters "Stolen from Zimmerman Construction 715-468-2433".
- Item #26: 3 no name brand plastic carrying cases with clear covers containing miscellaneous screws, door jamb plungers, and other screws.
- Item #27: Ridgid brand, model R86006, cordless battery powered drill.
- Item #28: DeWalt 20 volt Max XR 1/4" impact driver, model DCF887.
- Item #29: DeWalt corded rota zip, model DW660, serial number 923297.
- Item #30: Corded dry_wall screw driver, model DW251, serial number possibly 9199097E.
- Item #31: DeWalt soft carrying case
- Item #32: DeWalt digital laser detector, serial number 331820, model DW0732.
- Item #33: Mayes Brothers 4' metal square.
- Item #34: Empire 4' square.
- Item #35: Smaller 24" no name square.
- Item #36: Stanley Fat Max model 4' level.
- Item #37: Empire 4' level.
- Item #38: Stabila 4' level, with letters in black colored marker "Stolen from Zimmerman Construction".
- Item #39: Stabila 3' level, with letters in black colored marker "Stolen from Zimmerman Construction".
- Item #40: Stabila 78" level, with letters in black colored marker "Stolen from Zimmerman Construction".
- Item #41: Yellow colored with black colored stripe heavy gauge electrical cord, 2 heavier gauge blue colored extension cords, and a smaller gauge blue colored extension colored with what appears to be brown colored paint on it.
- Item #42: 1 yellow colored heavy duty electrical cord and 2 smaller gauge yellow colored electrical cords.
- Item #43: Black colored heavier gauge electrical cord with a metal 4 outlet electrical box attached.
- Item #44: Green colored air hose.
- Item #45: Bostitch air nailer, model N62FN.
- Item #46: Bostitch SX5035 series stapler.
- Item #47: Bostitch roofing nailer.
- Item #48: Bostitch model SB-1664FN, with engraved letters, "Stolen from Zimmerman Construction 715-468-2433". Item #49: Bostitch finishing air nailer with red colored electrical tape wrapped around the rear of the nailer.
- Item #50: Bostitch air nailer, model N62FN.
- Item #51: Bostitch roofing nailer with letters in red marker "Zimmerman" and letters in black marker on the top "Zimmerman".
- Item #52: Bostitch finishing air nailer.
- Item #53: Bostitch framing nailer, 28 degree, model F28WW.
- Item #54: Milwaukee finishing stapler, serial number A91A906031407.
- Item #55: 5" Ridgid palm sander in a black hard carrying case, serial number appears to be one off ending in possibly 86, model R2600.
- Item #56: Ridgid brand hand router, model R2401, in a black colored hard carrying case.
- Item #57: LG stainless steel front style refrigerator with trench doors and a pull out freezer drawer, model LFX25973D, serial number 607TRZY1 R861.
- Item #58: Husqvarna zero turn lawn mower, model Z254 with a 26 horsepower Polar brand motor, serial number 040615C002306.