News from the Railroad Park Committee Regarding the Railroad Park
SPOONER – Exciting update from the Railroad Park Committee about the Roundhouse, says Terri Reiter, committee chair. The roof repairs have been completed! This involved replacing roof beams with Douglas Fir timbers where needed and boards on the north side that had been damaged by water infiltration where the roof leaked near roof drains. The work also included repair or replacement of several roof columns that were similarly damaged. The insulation and roofing material for replacing the Roundhouse roof have arrived, and the roofing contractor is expected late this week or early next week. The committee will meet again Dec. 19, 2017, at 3:30 p.m. at City Hall to meet with a consultant to discuss fundraising and the next steps regarding the Railroad Park.
The committee is thrilled with the forward progress on the project and continues to meet monthly to keep the project on the right track and moving forward. Many people have asked how they can help or get involved in the project. First, feel free to attend our meetings. All meetings are posted at city hall and you can even be added to our distribution list if you’d like to receive notifications of the meetings. Second, we are beginning the fundraising process. If you’re able, we’d love for you to donate the project. We’ve included our donation levels below for your information. You can also go online to our website, www.SpoonerRailroadPark.com to view the donation levels and keep up to date on our progress. Thank you to all who have donated and helped with the project so far. We thank Bill Marx, City Administrator for all his work in this project. And I thank the Railroad Park Committee for all their time, effort, vision, and support.
We look forward to seeing what the future holds for Spooner’s Railroad Park!
Spooner Railroad Park Donation Levels:
- Gandy Dancer: <$250: Receive recognition on website
- Engineer: $250-$999: Receive recognition on website and 4x8 brick installed at the entry to the park
- Conductor: $1,000-$4,999: Receive logo & recognition on website and 8x8 brick installed at the entry to the park
- Yard Master-$5,000+: Receive logo & recognition on website, 8x8 brick installed at the entry to the park, and a tree or a bench in your honor.
Donations can be mailed to: Friends of the Railroad Park, PO Box 548, Spooner, WI 54801. Please call if you have any questions, either to Friends of the Railroad Park 715-416-4622 or Terri Reiter at 715-416-2995. We will be looking for volunteers as well! Stay tuned for more updates.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Events in Washburn County from 1/15 to 1/28
- Washburn County Jail Bookings from 1/8 to 1/14
- This Week's Great Deals from Economart - 1/15 to 1/21
- Criminal & Traffic Disposition Report for Washburn County from 12/25 to 1/05
- Shell Lake PD's Monthly Report from 12/11 to 1/8
- Washburn County Jail Bookings from 1/1 to 1/7
- This Week's Great Deals from Economart - 1/8 to 1/14
- Washburn County Jail Bookings from 12/25 to 12/31
- Events in Washburn County from 1/3 to 1/13
- This Week's Great Deals from Economart from 1/1 to 1/7