Nominations Open for 2nd Annual WCEDC Banquet To Recognize Businesses In Washburn Co.
Washburn County, Wisconsin, January 25, 2018 – Business and community leaders from around Washburn County will be gathering in April to recognize successes and community contributions of local businesses.
According to Joel Zimmerman, Executive Director of the Washburn County Economic Development Corporation, “The first banquet held last year exceeded our expectations on all fronts, and we look forward to including the public in the awards even more this year.”
Nominations for award recipients are being accepted through March 11thth, by going to www.washburncodevelopment.com for the following awards: Business of the Year, New Business of the Year, Community Involved Business of the Year, Customer Friendly Business of the Year, Non-Profit/Governmental Organization of the Year, and Tourism Business of the Year. In addition to the awards, there will also be a silent auction to raise money for the efforts of expanding economic development efforts in Washburn County. Donations are requested and being taken at the WCEDC office.
Following the nominations, there will be a public voting period leading up to the banquet, and we look forward to hearing what the members of our communities have to say!
The banquet will be held on the evening of April 25th, 2018.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Washburn County Area Humane Society New Shelter Update
- Criminal & Traffic Disposition Report for Washburn County from 2/12 to 2/16
- Jury Trial Set For Man Charged in Washburn County Prescription Drug Case
- Washburn County Jail Bookings from 2/12 to 2/18
- Wisconsin Democratic Lawmaker Sued Over Alleged Open Records Violation
- Attempted Escape Charges Filed Against Washburn County Inmate
- Washburn County Weekly Accident Report - 2/15/18
- Drink Coffee and Support Washburn County Relay for Life - Week 3
- Washburn Co. Youth Invited to Apply to Serve as Youth Representatives on County Board
- Criminal & Traffic Disposition Report for Washburn County from 2/5 to 2/9