This week’s updates from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) on road construction projects for Barron, Burnett, Polk, Rusk, Sawyer, and Washburn counties.
Northwest Region Pavement Marking
- Location: Various
- Schedule: May 17 to October
- Cost: $1.04 million
- Description: Completing longline marking of centerlines and edge lines and special marking of words, arrows, stop bars, diagonals, curbs and crosswalks.
Highway: County E
- Location: Couderay River Bridge
- Schedule: Sept. 13 to November
- Cost: $582,000
- Description: Replacing the bridge.
- Traffic impacts: County E is closed at the bridge.
Highway: US 53
- Location: Between Mackey and Ross roads in the town of Trego
- Schedule: March 17, 2021 to November 2022
- Cost: $17.65 million
- Description: Reconstructing US 53 from Mackey Road to existing US 63, relocating US 63 to closely follow the existing Wild Rivers State Trail and constructing a new grade separated interchange connecting US 53 with realigned US 63, new west frontage road from Mackey Road to County E and turn lanes along US 53 at existing intersections, including Mackey, O’Brien and Ross roads.
- Traffic impacts:
- US 53 is reduced to a single lane in both directions, and the speed limit has been reduced from 65 mph to 55 mph.
- Temporary signals are in operation at the US 53 intersection at US 63/Liesch Road.
- US 63 lanes are restricted to 13 feet, and the speed limit has been reduced from 55 mph to 45 mph.
- County E is detoured onto Liesch Road.
Last Update: Nov 08, 2021 10:25 am CST