ASHLAND, Wis. — An officer-involved shooting in Ashland, Wisconsin, has resulted in the death of one person, according to a press release from the Ashland Police Department.
(Press Release) — On the afternoon of 5-22-19 in the 800 block of 4th Ave W. in the City of Ashland, U.S. Marshall officers along with local law enforcement attempted to arrest an individual who had a Federal warrant. During the attempted arrest there was an officer involved shooting which resulted in the death of the subject. The Ashland Police Department would like to express condolences to the family.
The State of Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigations (DCI) is currently investigating this incident. Please have patience with this investigation and let it run its course. The State DCI has excellent investigators and is skilled in performing investigations such as this.
No officers were injured during this incident.
There is no danger to the citizens of Ashland with regards to this incident.
Any and all future information and media releases will be provided by the United States Marshals Service.
- Per Police Chief Gregoire
More Incidents & Alerts Articles
- (VIDEO) Authorities: Heroic Actions Of Police, Good Samaritan 'Undoubtedly' Save Life Of Unresponsive Driver Following Crash
- UPDATE: Authorities Release The Name Of The Person Who Died In Fatal Crash
- Driver Facing Life-Threatening Injuries Following Single-Vehicle Crash; 2 Passengers Also Injured
- Read More Incidents & Alerts News