One Fatality after Single-Vehicle Rollover Crash in Chippewa County
On Thursday 12/21/17 at 7:28 P.M. the Chippewa County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a one-vehicle crash with injury on County Highway DD at 190th Ave in the township of Auburn.
A vehicle was traveling southbound on County Highway DD near the intersection of County Highway DD and 190th Ave at a high rate of speed when the vehicle failed to negotiate a curve traveling off the road. When the vehicle traveled off the roadway the vehicle when down into the ditch and then across 190th Ave where it entered the ditch of 190th Ave and rolled several times before coming to rest. The operator was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle. The operator was transported to a local hospital where the operator passed away. The passenger was wearing a seatbelt and was transported to a local hospital with minor injuries.
Speed is believed to be a factor in the crash.
The crash remains under investigation by the Chippewa County Sheriff’s Office.
- Operator: Seth J. Larson
- Date of Birth 02/27/1991
- Passenger: Jeffery G. Johnson
- Date of Birth 09/05/1999
Agencies Involved: Chippewa County Sheriff’s Office, Chippewa County Coroner, Bloomer Fire, Bloomer Ambulance Service, and the Wisconsin State Patrol
Per Sheriff James L Kowalczyk
You May Also Be Interested In:
- 290 Pounds of Pot Seized After Chase Near Osseo, WI
- Names Released in Crash Involving Deputy Sheriff
- Rice Lake Trailer Court Evacuated After Report of Man With Gun
- Barron Man Arrested For OWI After Striking Pedestrian With Vehicle
- Single-Vehicle Crash Leads to 4th OWI Charges for Shell Lake Man
- Charges Filed Against 2 Women After Investigation Reveals Marijuana Use With Children in Home
- Shell Lake Woman Injured after 1-Vehicle Crash on US 53 Near Haugen
- Opinion: After My Family’s 15 Year Battle, Property Rights in Wisconsin Have Been Restored
- Guilty Plea to 5th Offense OWI by Webster Man After Failing to Appear for Jury Trial