This year, The Body Shop Fitness Centers challenges you to a new way of eating and working out (cardio & strength training) based on your individual body composition (muscle and fat). We will be using the latest body scanning technology with the Inbody 570 Body Scanner to assist in custom tailoring nutrition and fitness needs to your body's composition. (Note: you can watch a demo of the InBody 570 Body Scanner via YouTube here.)
In addition to using cutting edge technology in this challenge we are excited to announce that all participants will also receive discounts at:
Fuel Lab Nutrition
- Located at 410 River Street, Spooner WI. (lower level of bowling alley)
- Facebook @Fuellabnutrition & Instagram @Fuel_lab_nutrition_club.
- Phone # 715-645-2569
The Vitamin Source
- 231 Walnut Street, Spooner WI. (downtown Spooner)
- Phone # 715-635-9791
Massages with Shauna Follestad
- Facebook @shaunavmassage
- Phone # 715-416-2400
“I like that the Inbody scanner gives you a history so you can see your progress during the challenge. The visceral fat readings as well to help aim for a healthier lifestyle.” -- Sam
Here is where the honesty kicks in. How many years have you or someone you know participated in the workplace “weight loss” challenge? Let me guess what it entailed--dieting (changing your food intake drastically), cardiovascular training (way too many hours), losing some weight, then doing it again next January when the workplace decides to do another weight loss challenge. Sound familiar? So many of us have done this year after year just to return to our beginning weight and then some.
“As a long-distance runner, having access to the Inbody scanner was vital in understanding where my muscle imbalances were and where my body needed more work to prevent future injuries.” -- Bethanie
As a gym owner and personal trainer, I see year after year people do these crazy weight-loss competitions just to starve their bodies and put needless hours and miles on a piece of cardio equipment. Will you get results? Of course you will. Will they be long-lasting? Well, take a look in the mirror. Are you happy with what you see or have you just come to deal with it?
“Fitness is a marathon not a sprint. You didn't get here overnight; don't expect to lose it overnight.” -- Matt Dryden
This 3-month challenge is open to anyone, non-members, new members, and current members. All you need is a positive attitude, some self-motivation, a sprinkle of determination, and of course some money to enter the challenge.
- Current Members: $175.00 to include challenge fees, scans, and 12 challenge classes.
- New Members: $335.00 to include a discounted 3-month fitness center membership, challenge fees, scans, and 12 challenge classes.
- Non-Members: (wish to do the challenge but not join the fitness center, access only for challenge classes) $175.00 to include challenge fees, scans, and 12 challenge classes.
All participants will receive a beginner's gift to help kick start their program, along with the opportunity to win fun prizes throughout the challenge.
“Create small achievable goals to help keep you motivated to reach bigger goals.” -- Matt Dryden
The Body Shop Fitness Centers Body Composition Challenge!
Different than most anything you have experienced in the past.
Pre-registration with payment due by 1 pm, January 3rd, 2022 with Michelle at the Spooner Fitness Center. Please call to schedule your appointment at 715-939-1163.
Initial In-Body scan January 10th, 11th, 12th. Must be done to participate in Thursday's class.
- First information kick-off class:
- Thursday, January 13th, 2022 at 5:30 pm at the Spooner Body Shop Fitness Center
Second In-Body scan February 21st, 22nd, 23rd.
- Mid challenge information class:
- February 24th, 2022 at 5:30 pm at the Spooner Body Shop Fitness Center
- Winners are to be announced Friday, February 25th via The Body Shop Fitness Centers Facebook page.
Final In-Body scan April 4th, 5th, 6th.
- Winners to be announced on Friday the 8th via The Body Shop Fitness Centers Facebook page.
The 2nd Inbody scan class will allow you to adjust your nutrition or workouts to help you adjust for your goals for the last 6 weeks.
The 2nd and 3rd body scan results will be calculated to see who has gained muscle and lost body fat. With these calculations 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes will be given out.
Mid challenge 6 week prizes:
- 1st place = $30.00 gift card + one personal training session with Matt Dryden.
- 2nd place = $15.00 gift card + one personal training session with Matt Dryden.
- 3rd place = $10.00 gift card + one personal training session with Matt Dryden.
Final challenge 12 week prizes:
- 1st place = 2 month individual or family membership + $50.00 gift card
- 2nd place = 1 month individual or family membership + $25.00 gift card
- 3rd place = $25.00 gift card
“When you fall short, and we all will, don't beat yourself up for a mistake thats now in your past and let that define your future success. Identify it, learn from it and continue to move forward.” -- Matt Dryden