BURNETT COUNTY - Burnett Medical Center will be participating in Wisconsin’s Prescription Drug Take Back Initiative on Saturday, October 28th, 2023. The Prescription Drug Take-Back Day goal is to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposal of prescription medications, while also educating the public about the potential for abuse of these medications. Unused prescription medications in homes create a public health and safety concern because they can be accidentally ingested, stolen, misused, and abused.
Mark your calendar, from 9:00am-12:00pm at Burnett Medical Center on Saturday, October 28th, 2023, anyone is welcome to come and safely and anonymously dispose of unused or expired medicines and controlled substances.
- Prescription medications (Schedules II-V controlled substances and non-controlled drugs)
- Over-the-counter medications
- Liquid medication bottles-less than 4 oz. in zip-lock bag
Not Accepted Items:
- Illegal (Schedule I) drugs
- Medical devices, Batteries
- Aerosol cans, Inhalers
- Mercury-containing devices
- Liquid antineoplastic agents (Such as chemotherapy drugs and cytotoxic drugs)
New! Burnett Medical Center now has an Electronic Smoking Device/Vape disposal box and will be accepting them on Saturday, October 28th, 2023, as well.