Authorities Identify Deceased Person Found in Interstate Park
Polk County Coroner Jonn Dinnies has notified the Polk County WI Sheriff’s Office that the identification of the deceased person located in the river bottoms of the Interstate State Park has been made.
It has been determined by the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office of Anoka MN that they have positively identified Vue Her of Oakdale MN as the deceased person located by the hunters in the river bottoms.
Vue Her was reported as a missing person to the Chisago County MN Sheriff’s Department in July of 2017. The manner of death is still pending at this time. Further information will be released pending further investigation.
Polk County Sheriff's Office: Deceased Person Found in Interstate Park
Wednesday, November 22, 2017 | PCSO l Press Release
On Tuesday November 21st, 2017 at 10:39 hours the Polk County Sheriff’s Department received a call of what appeared to be a deceased person near the St Croix River bottoms of the Interstate State Park off of County Road S, North of 113th Ave.
Upon arrival, Polk County Sheriff’s Department Deputies and Investigators learned that 2 hunters were walking along the river bottoms hunting on the public State of Wisconsin property. While hunting, they observed what appeared to be a person, deceased.
Upon Sheriff Department personnel locating the deceased person, it appeared that person had been at that location for some period of time. Investigators were unable to locate any type of possible identifying information for the person at the scene. The Polk County Sheriff’s Department is looking to formally identify the person with the assistance of the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office in Anoka County Minnesota.
Assisting the Polk County Sheriff’s Office with this case were the Polk County Medical Examiner’s Office, the Wisconsin Interstate Park service, and the Dresser Fire Department.
We will be updating this press release upon formal identification of the decedent.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Missing Waupun Man Found Deceased in Barron County
- Siren Police Dept. Asking for Public's Help Identifying This Person
- One Arrested After Allegedly Shooting at Man; Police Seeking 2nd Person for Questioning
- Burnett County Authorities Seeking Grantsburg Man
- (UPDATE) Sheriff: All 3 People Found in House Suffered Gunshot Wounds
- Sheriff Mrotek: No Evidence of Criminal Activity Found in Death of Ryan Gedart
- Authorities: Grantsburg Man Dies After Large Tree Limb Lands on Him
- Missing Runaway Teen Found Safe
- Authorities: Reported Missing Man on ATV Found Safe