BURNETT COUNTY -- Burnett Medical Center is excited to sponsor the 2022 BMC’s Go for the Gust event (previously known as the Carlyle Sherstad 5K/10K Run/Walk) during Grantsburg’s “Big Gust Days”. This year’s event will take place on Saturday, June 4, 2022, on a course starting and finishing at Burnett Medical Center. This event will include a 5k, 10k, and half marathon run.
Burnett Medical Center organizes the race and donates all the race’s profits to a different local charitable organization each year. This year’s race recipient is the Burnett Medical Center Foundation. Chris Erickson, Burnett Medical Center Foundation President says, “Every dollar raised improves the medical center by continuing to purchase new and up-to-date life-saving equipment. None of us ever know when we or our family members will be the next ones needing these services. Your gifts may be just the support we need to save you or your loved ones in the future.”
Schedule of events:
- 6:00am-8:00am: Same-day registration & packet pick-up
- 7:00am: Start of half marathon race
- 8:00am: Start of 10k race
- 8:30am: Start of 5k race
- 9:30am: Awards
- $25 for 5k participant/$20 ages 65+ and 16 & under.
- $35 for 10k participant/ $30 ages 65+ and 16 & under.
- $55 for half marathon participant/$50 ages 65+ and 16 & under.
- Race day registration fees increase by $5. Everyone who pre-registers by Friday, May 6, 2022, will receive a free moisture wick t-shirt - so register early! Sorry, no refunds.
How to Register:
Register online at raceentry.com, click ‘find races’ and search ‘gust’. You can also register by visiting burnettmedicalcenter.com/about-us/events, and downloading a registration form to be mailed in.
Trophies are awarded to the overall top male and female winners in the 5K, 10K, and half marathon events. In addition to these awards, medals are awarded to the first three male and female finishers in each age category: Pre-teen, 13-16, 17-19, 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70+.
Thanks to our business sponsors, volunteers, and participants who make this event successful. Business sponsors get their company name or logo printed on the back of the event t-shirts. To learn more about becoming a business sponsor, event volunteer or participant, please contact Halle Pardun at 715-463-7285.