BARRON COUNTY -- The following press release is regarding a sex offender that is moving to a new address in Barron County. The subject has been out since 1/30/2018. Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald says that a “neighborhood alert is being done today to make the houses in this direct area aware of this move…”
(Press Release) — The Barron County Sheriff’s Department is releasing the following information pursuant to Wisconsin State Statute 301.46 which authorizes law enforcement agencies to inform the public of a sex offender’s release when, in the discretion of the agency, the release of information will enhance public safety, awareness, and protection. The individual who appears on this notification has been convicted of a sex offense. Further, his criminal history places him in a classification level, which reflects the potential to re-offend.
This sex offender has served the sentence imposed on him by the courts. He is NOT wanted by law enforcement at this time. This notification is not intended to increase fear. It is our belief that an informed public is a safer public.
Sex offenders have always lived in our communities, but it was not until the Sex Offender Registration and Community Notification Law was enacted that law enforcement was able to share this information with the community. Citizen abuse of this information to threaten, intimidate, or harass registered offenders will NOT be tolerated and will be considered a criminal offense.
As a community, this notification provides us with an opportunity to work together by sharing information to enhance the public safety by increasing community awareness regarding this offender and offering positive crime prevention suggestions.
Terry Soltau will be residing at 2191 12 ½ St Cumberland, WI 54829.
- Conviction date: 02/01/1995
- Conviction: Second Degree Sexual Assault of the Child– 948.02(2)
- Conviction Date: 07/10/2006
- Conviction: Child Enticement-948.07
Conditions of Supervision, not limited to:
- No unsupervised contact with individuals under the age of 18
- Not to engage in any relationships without prior agent approval
- Prohibited from being in places frequented by children
- Absolute sobriety. No alcohol, drugs, paraphernalia, or bars, etc.
Important Contact Information:
- Barron County Communications Center: (715) 537-3106
- Stephanie Schmidt, Probation Supervisor: (715) 931-8010
- Shannon Odalen, Probation Agent: (715) 931-8006