WASHBURN COUNTY -- To invest in Wisconsin’s transportation system, Gov. Tony Evers has signed an $8.48 million contract with prime contractor Monarch Paving Co. of Amery for a resurfacing project on WIS 77 from County I to County M in Washburn County. Construction is scheduled to start Monday, April 10.
To address deteriorating pavement and other issues, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation project will:
- Remove a portion of the existing pavement and place new asphalt pavement.
- Clean, repair or install new culverts.
- Reconstruct sidewalk curb ramps in the village of Minong.
- Replace deteriorated curb and gutter in the village of Minong
- Replace guardrail.
- Place centerline rumble strips in rural areas.
- Install new pavement markings.
Related: Pavement Replacement Project On US 53 In Washburn County To Resume
During construction, WIS 77 will remain open to traffic, but motorists will encounter daytime single-lane closures controlled by flagging.
Construction is scheduled for completion in late July.
Last Update: Apr 04, 2023 7:29 am CDT