Editor's Note: This press release was a part of yesterday's Grand Jury Returns Indictments on Multiple Wisconsin Cases posted on DrydenWire.com.
Mark W. Lewis, 55, Rice Lake, Wis., is charged with two counts of possessing methamphetamine with the intent to distribute. The indictment alleges that he possessed methamphetamine on August 12 and September 21, 2016. The indictment further alleges that on September 21, 2016, he possessed 50 grams or more of methamphetamine.
The indictment also charges Lewis with possessing a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime. The indictment alleges that on August 12, 2016, he possessed a .22 caliber handgun.
If convicted, Lewis faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in federal prison on the first drug charge, and a mandatory minimum penalty of five years and a maximum of 40 years on the charge alleging 50 grams or more of methamphetamine. He faces a mandatory penalty of five years on the possessing a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime charge. Federal law requires that this penalty be served consecutive to any sentence imposed on the drug charge.
The charges against him are the result of an investigation by the Washburn and Sawyer County Sheriffs’ Departments, Wisconsin Department of Justice Division of Criminal Investigation, and Federal Bureau of Investigation. The prosecution of this case is being handled by Assistant U.S. Attorney David Reinhard.
Pursuant to the direction of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, as found in Supreme Court Rule 20:3.6, Trial Publicly, you are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Court Orders Probation for Spooner Woman Charged With Child Neglect
- Meet & Greet with Superintendent Dr. David Aslyn
- Lamb & Wild Rice Ravioli in Mushroom Sauce on Special This Wed & Thur @ The Roost!
- Turtle Lake Man Gets 10 Months in Jail After 5th OWI
- Man Charged with Driving Under Influence of Marijuana with 3-Year-Old Child in Car After 3-Vehicle Crash
- The Second Victim (Pt 2): 'Bringing Criminals Home With You'
- Shell Lake Police Activity Log from 8/14 to 9/11
- Traffic Stop & K-9 Sniff Result in Drug Charges for Spooner Man and Woman
- My Journey with My Mother Delores
- Shell Lake Man Facing Meth Charges