Man in Custody After Allegedly Firing Gun During Altercation in Barron County
On Sunday, February 4, 2018 at 4:52 AM, officers were dispatched to a residence on the south end of the city where a female caller advised her husband had discharged a firearm at the floor inside the residence during an altercation. The caller advised she had secured herself and children in a separate room.
Responding officers and deputies were able to safely remove the children and caller from the residence at 5:07 am. With the assistance of the Barron County Emergency Response Team, officers were able to take the male subject, identified as David Bartels, 37, of Rice Lake into custody at 7:29 am without further incident.
Bartels was transported to the Barron County Jail pending formal charges by the Barron County District Attorney's Office.
Per Rice Lake Police Captain Hom and Chief Roux
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Barron County Sheriff Wants Drug Testing In High Schools
- 3 People Apply for Barron County District Attorney
- Update: Rice Lake Man Facing Felony Charges After Gun Incident
- Drug-Related Charges Filed Against 4 People after Traffic Stop Near Spooner
- Woman Sentenced in Barron County for Conviction of Delivery of Meth
- Sex Offender to be Released in Barron County on Tuesday
- 2nd Person Arrested for Obstruction After Lying to Officers About Barron Co. Gun Incident
- Governor Walker Seeks Applicants for Barron County District Attorney
- 86-Year-Old Cadott Man Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle