Pursuant to Wisconsin Statutes 349.16, Washburn County seasonal road bans will go into effect Thursday March, 16th 2023 at noon.
2023 WEIGHT LIMITS FOR WASHBURN COUNTY ROADS
The following Washburn County roads are posted at:
- 6 ton max. For any single axle
- 10 ton max. For any two axles under 8 feet apart
- from CTH B to the Sawyer County Line
- from STH 63 south & west to CTH M
- from STH 63 west to Swanson Road
- from STH 53 west to CTH K
- (loop) - from CTH K to STH 77
- from STH 77 north to Douglas County line
- from STH 77 to the end
- from USH 63 west to Burnett County line
- from STH 70 north to STH 63
- from Stanberry Road north to STH 77
- from CTH A to CTH E
- From CTH B to CTH D
This list is subject to change pending conditions.
Highway maintenance vehicles, school buses, emergency public utility vehicles, and vehicles hauling bulk milk products are exempt from seasonal weight limitations on Washburn County Trunk Highways.
Propane haulers are exempt from any seasonal weight limitations if the tank is filled to no more than 50% of its capacity and the gross weight imposed on the highway by the vehicle doesn’t exceed 30,000 pounds (single-rear axle) or 40,000 pounds (tandem-rear axle).
Please contact Townships directly for travelling on Town roads.
-- By Order of the Washburn County Highway Commissioner.