RSVP to Caregiver Challenge Summit
Professional care workers are in short supply in Wisconsin, especially in Barron and Washburn County. Professional care workers consist of certified nursing assistants, personal care assistants, direct support professionals, and home health aides. Representatives from various agencies in Barron and Washburn County are partnering in a coalition: Caregiver Challenge to assess the strengths and challenges of building a professional caregiver workforce.
Preliminary work has been done to assess professional and family caregiver impressions of the problems and positives of care providers.
The Caregiver Challenge will be hosting a summit on January 18, 2018, in the Auditorium of the Barron County Government Center 335 E Monroe Ave. Barron, WI from 11:30-4:00. Lunch is included. An expected outcome of the summit is to expand on the identified strengths and challenges of building a professional caregiver workforce. Then to create action groups to address the challenges found in recruiting, training and retaining caregivers in Barron & Washburn County.
We encourage you to come to the Caregiver Challenge Summit to learn more about this issue and to offer you knowledge and experience in improving recruitment and retention of professional caregivers in the area. RSVP is requested to assure lunch. Info@CaregiverChallenge.org or 715-790-1688.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Healthy Minute: Tips for Caregivers during November’s National Family Caregiver Month
- Beautiful Hearts Rescue and Horse Sanctuary Announces 2nd Annual Ugly Duckling Trainer Challenge
- 2nd Annual Ugly Duckling Trainer Challenge Announced
- Washburn County Sheriff’s Challenge Coins
- (Video) Mother's Prayers Challenge Son's Satanist Lifestyle
- The Savage Dash: For Those Seeking A Fun, Wet, Muddy Challenge (Video)
- Northwood Teachers Attend WI Teacher Leader Summit
- Wisconsin Launches Caregiver Career Program
- Are You TOUGH Enough to Take The Chilly Challenge?