Today, Sawyer County Sheriff’s Sergeant Gregory G. Ripczinski announces his intention to enter the application process for Governor Scott Walker’s appointment for Sawyer County Sheriff, to finish the remaining term for retiring Sheriff Mark Kelsey.
Sgt. Ripczinski has over 21 years’ experience as a law enforcement officer with the Sheriff’s Department and is the both the senior patrol supervisor and heads the patrol field training division.
A father of three: he and his wife, who is also a deputy sheriff, own an Adult Family Home in Couderay WI, taking care of developmentally disabled adults.
He is a 1993 graduate of Winter School District and a 1995 graduate of Nicolet Area Technical College with a degree in Police Science.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Gov. Walker Seeks Applicants for Sheriff of Sawyer County
- Shell Lake Man Charged with Trafficking Meth Following Sawyer County Investigation
- Washburn County Sheriff's Office Armored Hummer Project Raffle Now Complete
- Mark Kelsey Stepping Down as Sawyer County Sheriff
- Beautiful Hearts Rescue and Horse Sanctuary Announces 2nd Annual Ugly Duckling Trainer Challenge
- Walker Appoints Chief Deputy Scott Knudson as St. Croix County Sheriff
- Bush Brothers & Co. Announces Baked Beans Recall
- 2 Arrested After Authorities Execute Search Warrant in Sawyer County
- AG Schimel Announces New Tool to Protect Law Enforcement Officers