The Chippewa County Sex Offender Notification Committee has determined that a Level III notification would be undertaken in regard to the community placement of convicted sex offender William L Lane who will be released from the Wisconsin Department of Corrections on October 30th 2020. Mr. Lane will return to Chippewa County residing at 11674 40th Ave Chippewa Fall, WI.
William Lane has been convicted of sex offenses involving adult females. William L Lane has served the majority of time imposed on him by the courts and will be supervised by the Department of Corrections until March 11th 2024. William L Lane’s conditions of release/supervision prohibit him from any unsupervised contact with minors; no contact with his victims and not to consume drugs. William L Lane must comply with standard sex offender rules/requirements; GPS monitoring; face-to-face contact with Law Enforcement requirement; and a lifetime registrant of WI Sex Offender Registration Program.
In event William L Lane is in violation concerning the above restrictions; please call Law Enforcement immediately, the Chippewa County Sheriffs Department at 715-726-7700, or the State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections at 715-738-3208 or simply dial 911.
Further information may be obtained by visiting the Wisconsin Department of Corrections Sex Registry website.
- Per Sheriff James L Kowalczyk Chippewa County
- Offender: William L Lane
- Date of Birth: July 5th 1967
- Race: Male, White
- Height: 6’0”
- Weight: 160
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Gray
- Scar: on his left eyebrow
- Tattoo: on his upper arm “Kim” and Minnesota Viking logo
- Address: 11674 40th Ave Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
- Release Date: October 30th 2020
- Conviction Dates: April 2008
- 948.09 2 Counts-Sexual Assault of a Child age 16 years or older.
- 940.225(3m) 3 Counts-Fourth Degree Sexual Assault