Sex Offender to be Released in Rice Lake
The Rice Lake Police Department is releasing the following information pursuant to Wisconsin State Statute 301.46 which authorizes law enforcement agencies to inform the public of a sex offender's release when, in the discretion of the agency, the release of information will enhance public safety, awareness, and protection. The individual who appears on this notification has been convicted of a sex offense. Further, his criminal history places him in a classification level, which reflects the potential to re-offend.
This sex offender has served the sentence imposed on him by the courts. He is NOT wanted by the police at this time. This notification is not intended to increase fear. It is our belief that an informed public is a safer public.
Sex offenders have always lived in our communities, but it was not until the Sex Offender Registration and Community Notification Law was enacted that law enforcement was able to share this information with the community. Citizen abuse of this information to threaten, intimidate, or harass registered offenders will NOT be tolerated and will be considered a criminal offense.
As a community, this notification provides us with an opportunity to work together by sharing information to enhance the public safety by increasing community awareness regarding this offender and offering positive crime prevention suggestions.
Stewart R. Eagleman Jr. will be residing at 518 N Main St., Rice Lake, WI. Mr. Eagleman Jr. will be on supervision for 2nd Degree Sexual Assault of a child and will be placed on the GPS program through the Wisconsin Department of Corrections and will remain on intensive supervision until approximately 2024.
Conviction date: 12/18/01
Conviction: 2nd Degree Sexual Assault of Child 948.02(2)
Prior History: Mr. Eagleman Jr. has a prior arrest history as follows:
- 1994 - Theft/Operating a Motor Vehicle Without Owner's Consent
- 1995 - Criminal Damage to Property
- 1997 - Bail Jumping, Discharging a Firearm; Possession of Marijuana; Paraphernalia
- 1998 - Resisting Arrest/Obstructing an Officer
- 2000 -Three counts Burglary-Party to a Crime
- 2000 - Sexually related offense conviction involving a guilty plea to bail jumping when he violated terms of his felony cash bond when he forced sexual relations on an adult female which he was previously involved with.
- 2015 - Drive or Operate Vehicle w/o Consent-passenger
Conditions of Supervision, not limited to:
- No unsupervised contact with individuals under the age of 18
- Prohibited from being in places frequented by children
- No use of alcohol or drugs
- Lifetime GPS
Important Contact Information:
Rice Lake Police Department - Phone (715) 234-2116
Barron County Communications Center - Phone(715)537-3106
Stephannie Schmidt, Probation Supervisor - Phone(715)537-3106
Lauren Larson, Probation Agent - Phone (715) 931-8010