WARNING! This post(s) below contains material that may not be suitable for all readers. Reader discretion is advised.
BARRON COUNTY — Shayne Trudelle, of Shell Lake, WI, has been sentenced on charges stemming from an undercover sex sting by the Rice Lake Police Department (see previous posts below).
The Court ordered a 22-year sentence for Trudelle; 11 years of initial confinement in State Prison to be followed by 11 years of extended supervision.
According to online circuit court records, the Court sentenced Trudelle as follows on the separate convictions:
- On Trudelle's conviction of Class C Felony Use a Computer to Facilitate a Child Sex Crime, the Court sentenced Trudelle to 10 years; 5 years incarceration followed by 5 years of extended supervision.
- Regarding Trudelle's conviction of Class D Felony Child Enticement-Sexual Contact, the Court ordered a sentence of 6 years; 3 years incarceration, followed by 3 years of extended supervision and to be served consecutively to 10-year sentence.
- In addition, on Trudelle's conviction of Attempted 2nd Degree Sexual Assault of Child, the Court ordered another 6-year sentence; 3 years of incarceration to be followed by 3 years of extended supervision and to be served consecutively to the first two sentences.
On his remaining convictions, the Court ordered that Trudelle would serve those concurrently with his other sentences. Trudelle was sentenced to 3.5 years for his conviction of Class I Felony Possession of Methamphetamine, with 1.5 years of initial confinement and 2 years of extended supervision. The Court ordered a sentence of 6 months county jail confinement for Trudelle's convictions of Misdemeanor Carry Concealed Weapon and Misdemeanor Attempt to Expose Child to Harmful Material.
Jury Finds Shell Lake Man Guilty in Undercover Sex Sting Case
DrydenWire.com l Tuesday, September 25, 2018
BARRON COUNTY — A Jury has found Shell Lake, WI man, Shayne Trudelle, guilty of the criminal charges filed against him following an undercover sex sting case conducted by the Rice Lake Police Department
A 2 day jury trial was held in Barron County Circuit Court on September 24 and 25, 2018, regarding Trudelle’s criminal charges of Class C Felony Use a Computer to Facilitate a Child Sex Crime, Class D Felony Child Enticement-Sexual Contact, Class I Felony Possession of Methamphetamine, Misdemeanor Carry Concealed Weapon, Class I Felony Attempt Expose Child to Harmful Materials, and Class C Felony Attempt 2nd Degree Sexual Assault of Child.
The criminal complaint filed against Trudelle states that on February 14, 2018, a Rice Lake Police Officer initiated an undercover investigation in which the officer responded to an online advertisement titled: “I’m Looking to Suck and Swallow”. The advertisement indicated that a 42-year-old male was looking for a younger male to perform sexual acts with. In response to the advertisement, the officer purported to be a young male.
Less than an hour after sending the reply to the advertisement, the Officer received 2 emails from an individual, later identified as Shayne Trudelle. An exchange of messages ensued, in which the officer identified that the person responding to Trudelle was a 15-year-old male. Trudelle responded with his phone number in order to exchange text messages with the purported 15-year-old boy.
Trudelle went on to request photos of male genitalia from the “boy”, and also sent photos of male genitalia to the “boy”.
A few days later on February 21, 2018, Trudelle texted the “boy”, “When we getting together?” In the text conversation that followed, Trudelle told the “boy” that he wanted to meet in his car and that he liked “making out”, and engaging in other sexual acts.
A portion of the text conversation between Trudelle and the “boy” was included in the criminal complaint filed against Trudelle and follows below:
- Officer: When do you wanna?
- Shayne Trudelle: After Im done with work?
- Officer: Will you be in RL? 3 am is kinda late for a 15 year old…
- Shayne Trudelle: You said you were up all night anyway
- Officer: Yeah I usually am. What ya wanna do and where
- Shayne Trudelle: I guess my car...I like making out, s------, rimming, f------
- Officer: Whats rimming?
- Shayne Trudelle: Eating a--
- Shayne Trudelle: Licking your butt
- Officer: So you want me to do that or you want to do that to me?
- Shayne Trudelle: I do it to you
- Officer: Ya id like that
- Shayne Trudelle: You will…
- Officer: Where would you wanna meet
- Shayne Trudelle: Where ever. I could get a room.
- Officer: Well you decide. What else you wanna do
- Shayne Trudelle: P--- on each other
- Officer: Never done that before but Im down
- Shyane Trudelle: Want you to p--- in my mouth
- Officer: Ur naughty
- Shayne Trudelle: Yup
- Officer: So whats the plan? I’m excited now
- Shayne Trudelle: Ill be in rl after work
- Officer: So you want to meet at a hotel or somewhere else?
- Shayne Trudelle: Not sure yet maybe somewhere else
- Officer: What about the strip mall by walmart?
- Shayne Trudelle: At 3am? Rather meet somewhere else
- Officer: Ok thats cool where?
- Shayen Trudelle: Super 8
Ultimately it was agreed that the “boy” would meet Trudelle at Microtel Inn and Suites in Rice Lake on February 22, 2018.
When the Officer went to Microtel Inn and Suites, Trudelle had not checked in. During another text conversation, Trudelle again requested to meet in his car, asking, “would you be cool with a lil fooling around in the car this time?” A plan was made in which Trudelle would pick up the “boy” at the Kohl’s parking lot in Rice Lake, WI.
At around 9p, additional officers stationed themselves in the area of the Kohl’s parking lot and saw Trudelle’s vehicle arrive less than an hour later.
Several officers converged on Trudelle’s vehicle. When Trudelle exited his vehicle, officers saw that the zipper and button on his pants were undone and his belt was not fastened.
During a search of Trudelle’s vehicle, officers located a Smith and Wesson 9mm handgun as well as a syringe, a gem bag containing suspected methamphetamine, and $278 in cash. While Trudelle was being booked into the Barron County Jail, 2 more gem bags containing a white substance which later tested positive for methamphetamine were found in his clothing along with another syringe.
During the Jury Trial, the State provided numerous exhibits for the Jury to review, including the advertisement that had been posted online. The jury heard testimony from the investigating officers on the case, as well an analyst from the Wisconsin State Crime Lab.
Trudelle has been found guilty of all counts filed against him after the jury deliberated for just over 2 hours according to online circuit court records. The Court revoked Trudelle’s $10,000 signature bail bond.
Undercover Sex Sting Leads to Charges for Shell Lake Man
DrydenWire.com l Tuesday, March 6, 2018
BARRON COUNTY — A man from Shell Lake, WI has been charged with Child Enticement following an undercover sex sting in Barron County.
Shayne Trudelle, of Shell Lake, WI, has been charged in Barron County Circuit Court following an undercover sex sting conducted by by the Rice Lake Police Department.
According to a criminal complaint filed against Trudelle, the Rice Lake Police Department initiated an undercover child enticement sex sting using Craigslist.org. Trudelle allegedly responded to an ‘ad’ of a young male. During messages exchanged with Trudelle, the male was identified as a 15-year old boy. Trudelle arranged to meet the boy in the City of Rice Lake, WI. The criminal complaint details some of the messages allegedly exchanged between Trudelle and the undercover officer in which Trudelle explicitly asked for sexual contact with the boy and explained that he did not have a problem with the boy being only 15 years old. Photographs were also exchanged, which identified Trudelle as the person sending them.
When law enforcement responded, they found a 9 mm handgun in the center console of Trudelle’s vehicle. Investigators also seized a total of nearly 3 grams of methamphetamine from Trudelle’s vehicle and person, as well as a medical syringe.
Multiple sources confirmed to DrydenWire.com that Trudelle was also the person involved in a multi-agency search warrant on February 23, 2018, at a Shell Lake residence that resulted in the seizure of a significant quantity of suspected controlled substances and paraphernalia.
DrydenWire.com contacted Shell Lake Police Chief Dave Wilson this morning and he confirmed Trudelle was the person involved in that search warrant but declined to comment on any specifics due to being an ongoing investigation.
Trudelle is charged with Class C Felony Use a Computer to Facilitate a Child Sex Crime, Class D Felony Child Enticement - Sexual Contact, Class I Felony Possession of Methamphetamine, and Misdemeanor Carry Concealed Weapon.
Pursuant to the direction of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, as found in Supreme Court Rule 20:3.6, Trial Publicly, you are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.