Names Released in Crash Involving Deputy Sheriff
**UPDATE** The Chippewa County Sheriff's Department has released the names of the two drivers involved yesterday's crash.
- Vehicle # 1- 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander (black)
- Operator: Evan T Clark age 25 of rural Chippewa Falls, WI.
- Vehicle # 2- 2017 Ford Interceptor (squad car)
- Operator: Jason Kestner (Deputy Sheriff) of Chippewa Falls, WI.
Deputy Kestner was released from the Hospital on Sunday evening.
At around 6:30 am this morning [Sunday] the Chippewa County Sheriff’s Department was notified of a two vehicle accident on HWY 27, just south of the City limits of Cornell, WI.
The caller was requesting EMS due to injuries sustained by both drivers. The caller indicated the drivers were lone occupants of the vehicles involved. Both driver were shortly there-after transport by area ambulances to Chippewa Falls, Eau Claire Hospitals. At this time non-life threatening injuries are reported concerning the two drivers.
The Wisconsin State Patrol in investigating the accident. Hwy 27 south of Cornell will be closed to traffic until completion of the accident investigation. Looking at early afternoon today, to reopen Hwy 27.
Assisting Agencies include the following: Wisconsin State Patrol, Rusk County Sheriff’s Department, Cornell area, Fire and EMS, Chippewa County Hwy Department.
Per Sheriff James L Kowalczyk, Chippewa County
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Rusk County Deputy to be Recognized as Wisconsin Assembly ‘Hometown Hero’
- Rusk County Sheriff's Office Asking for Public's Help
- Minong Police Chief Announces Candidacy for Washburn County Sheriff
- Sheriff's Squad Struck by Vehicle
- Pete Erickson Completes Training; to Become Full-Time Deputy Sheriff in 2018
- One Fatality after Single-Vehicle Rollover Crash in Chippewa County
- Single-Vehicle Crash Leads to 4th OWI Charges for Shell Lake Man
- Rusk County Sheriff's Office Asking for Public's Help in Recent Theft
- 20th Person Pleads Guilty in Meth Conspiracy Involving WI, MN, & CA