Location: Spooner – Minong, Whalen Lake Road to Bus 53
Schedule: 45 Working Days. Estimated completion October 9th. Cost: $3,855,005
Description: Work under this contract consists of milling, paving, pavement marking, base aggregate, culvert pipes, and signing.
Traffic impacts: This week there are short single lane closures with a shoulder closure for work on pipes. Closures are from Palmer Road to the Rest Area. Speed limit reduced to 55 mph and 16’ width available. WHEN YOU SEE CONES HANG UP THE PHONE.
Starting Monday August 14th, expect 6 miles of lane closures to be up at a time. Closures will move from driving to passing lane closures. Once work on the 1st 6 miles is complete, crews will work on the next 6 miles. One section to be completed per week. Speed limit to be reduced to 55 mph during this time.
WHEN YOU SEE CONES HANG UP THE PHONE
Work completed since last update:
- Work started on Monday August 7th.
- Crews started working on culvert pipes at Stuntz Brook and Chicog Creek.
Anticipated work schedule for next week:
- Continue pipe work.
- Start milling, patching, and pavin
You May Also Be Interested In:
- USH 53 Construction Weekly Update #2
- Update on Washburn County Area Humane Society Rebuilding
- Weekly Rehab Minute: 'HIP PAIN. GOT PT?'
- UPDATE: Traffic Stop Results in Seizure of Meth from Spooner Man
- UPDATE: Female Drowning Victim Identified from Incident on St. Croix River
- Weekly Rehab Minute: Bike Safety
- Weekly Rehab Minute: Avoiding Carpal Tunnel Surgery
- Sawyer Co. Sheriff Issues Update on Investigation
- Weekly Rehab Minute: 'Swing Into Summer Golf season'