Spooner Area XC Ski Trail Report
SPOONER -- College Street Park in Spooner has been groomed and tracked for skate and classic skiing, there are 7 kilometers of trails and the trails are in very good condition, new this year is a heated warming house. In addition, sections of the trail are lighted each evening until 9.
Currently, we are unable to groom the Beaverbrook ski trails as we are told there could be hunting conflicts. The earliest the trails can be groomed will be on January 7 after the hunting season is over. Until January 7, only backcountry skiing and dogs are allowed on the Beaverbrook ski trails.
Also groomed by local Spooner area volunteers, are the 7-8 miles of fat bike trails at the Wild Cat Trail System. The trailhead is located 4 miles east of Spooner just off Hwy 70. The trails are packed and groomed for fat biking.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Washburn County Area Humane Society Shelter Building Plans Gets State Approval
- Barron County Sheriff’s Dept 2017 Annual Report
- Traffic Stop by Spooner Police Lead to Meth Charges
- Washburn County Weekly Accident Report - 1/18/18
- Most Spooner Teachers Receive First Pay Raise in Four Years
- Spooner Business Owner Holds Burglar at Gunpoint Until Police Arrive
- All Charges Dismissed on Spooner Drug House Bust
- Washburn County Weekly Accident Report - 1/11/18
- Increased Influenza Activity in the Area
- Spooner Middle School Faces Bullying