SPOONER, WI — Michael O. Swonger, 47, from Spooner, WI, has been arrested by the Wisconsin State Patrol Spooner Post for operating a motor vehicle under the influence, 5th offense, according to the Wisconsin State Patrol Spooner Post.
According to WSP, shortly after 4a this morning, Saturday, October 8, 2022, a Trooper from the Wisconsin State Patrol Spooner Post came upon a driver slumped over the steering wheel of a running car that was partially over the curb into a yard on Hwy 70 at Summit Street in Spooner, WI.
The Trooper observed open intoxicants in the vehicle and a heavy odor of intoxicants emitting from the driver.
Mr. Swonger refused to perform two of the standard field sobriety tests and also refused to submit to a preliminary breath test.
Mr. Swonger was arrested for OWI - 5th offense, and transported to a local hospital for an evidentiary test of his blood and then to the Washburn County Jail.
- Man Sentenced To 9 Years For Methamphetamine Trafficking
- Washburn County Weekly Jail Bookings Report
- (Insider) 2-Vehicle Crash Leaves 1 Injured; Driver’s BAC Over 3X Legal Limit
- (Insider) Woman Sentenced On Reduced Charges Stemming From Arrest For OWI With Minor Passenger In Car
- (Insider) Signature Bond Ordered For Man Charged With Sexual Assault Of Child & Intellectually Disabled Person
"Pursuant to the direction of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, as found in Supreme Court Rule 20:3.6, Trial Publicly, you are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty."
Last Update: Oct 11, 2022 6:45 am CDT