Spooner Man Pleads Not Guilty to Charges of 2nd Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety
A Spooner, WI man who was apprehended recently on a nationwide warrant has entered a Not Guilty plea to his criminal charges including 2nd Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety and Felon Possessing a Firearm in Washburn County Circuit Court.
Online circuit court records show that Jason Stariha appeared in Washburn County Circuit Court on December 6, 2017, regarding his criminal charges stemming from a domestic incident on October 15, 2017, and entered a plea of Not Guilty to all his charges. The Court heard testimony from a Washburn County Sheriff’s Office Deputy regarding the charges filed against Stariha.
According to online circuit court records, Stariha’s attorney made a motion to dismiss the firearm-related charges filed against Stariha as well as the charge of 2nd Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety; however, the Court found probable cause to move the case forward on all charges.
Stariha is charged with 2 counts of Possess Firearm - Convicted of a Felony, 1 count of Felony 2nd-Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety, Misdemeanor Resisting or Obstructing an Officer, and Misdemeanor Domestic Abuse Disorderly Conduct.
DrydenWire.com reported on November 15, 2017, that Stariha had been apprehended on a warrant for his arrest. A press release was previously issued by the Washburn County Sheriff’s Office on October 15, 2017, stating that Stariha was wanted for a Domestic Abuse incident occurring on Spooner Lake Road, Township of Spooner.
Further details of that incident are not known to DrydenWire at this time. Stariha remains in the custody of the Washburn County Jail on a $10,000 cash bail bond and is scheduled to appear again in January 2018.
Washburn Co. Man Wanted on Nationwide Warrant Apprehended
Wednesday, November 15, 2017 | DrydenWire
The Washburn County Sheriff's Office says that Jason Stariha was taken into custody last night, Tuesday, November 14th.
Jason Stariha was apprehended last night in Trego. An anonymous tip led to Jason's capture. Jason was taken into custody without incident. I thank the public for your assistance, with your help we continue to apprehend and hold accountable those who commit crimes against others. -Sheriff Dryden
Pursuant to the direction of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, as found in Supreme Court Rule 20:3.6, Trial Publicly, you are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
Sheriff: Nationwide Warrant Issued for Wanted Washburn County Man
Thursday, October 26, 2017 | DrydenWire
Felony charges, a criminal complaint, and multiple arrest warrants have been issued against a man who is wanted by the Washburn County Sheriff's Office.
Washburn County Sheriff Terry Dryden said in a statement earlier today that the hunt for Jason Stariha is still on and that Stariha now has 3 Warrants for his arrest;
- State Wide Child Support Warrant, basically Contempt of Court for not paying his child support required by the Washburn County Circuit Court.
- State Wide DOC Warrant, he is on Probation and Parole from previous criminal convictions.
- The most current warrant is a "No Restriction" Warrant issued out of the Washburn County Circuit Court. "No Restriction" warrant is nationwide. This warrant is for several alleged violations of law: 2 Counts of Possession of a Firearm by a Felon and; Second Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety and; Obstructing an Officer and; Disorderly Conduct Domestic Abuse.
Sheriff Dryden stated that "We know Stariha is around the county, or in close proximity, however, our attempts to apprehend have been thwarted by those who are harboring him or wish to delay his apprehension."
Dryden said that is a Felony under WI Stats 946.47 to prevent the apprehension of a felon, harbors or aids him or her. "Those who may choose to harbor or aid Stariha from apprehension will be held accountable," the Sheriff warned.
"I ask for your help once again. Anyone having information about Jason Stariha is encouraged to call the Washburn County Sheriff's Office at 715-468-4720. You can also call our Confidential TIP Line at 715-468-2720, you do not have to leave your name or contact information. If the information you have is of immediate concern, do not use the TIP Line as it is not monitored all the time, call 715-468-472o and ask to remain anonymous. Thanks for your help." - Sheriff Dryden
Washburn County Sheriff's Office Looking for Suspect
Sunday, October 15, 2017 | WCSO l News Release
The Washburn County Sheriff's Office is looking for Jason J. Stariha, M/W, DOB: 06/02/70. Stariha is wanted for Domestic Abuse Disorderly Conduct, Felon in Possession of a Firearm and Reckless Endangerment.
Stariha is wanted on these charges after an incident in the early morning hours, this morning, on Spooner Lake Road, Township of Spooner.
Anyone having information please call the Washburn County Sheriff's Office at 715-468-4720.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Addison Agen, 'The Voice' Finalist Contestant with Spooner Ties
- Arrest by Spooner Police Leads to Charges of OWI with Kids in Car, Possession of Meth
- 'Breakfast for the Brain' Coming to Spooner Senior Center
- Spooner Area School District Election Notice for School Board
- Barron Man Indicted in Federal Court on Meth Charges
- Jimmy's Pizza in Spooner is 'Moving On'
- Spooner Health Lights up the Holidays with Love Light Ceremony
- Burnett County Sheriff’s Deputy Pleads No Contest to OWI w/Child in Vehicle
- Spooner Chamber Announces New Executive Director