WASHBURN COUNTY -- The Spooner Police Department says that they have taken two reports in the last week involving females that believed they were being followed by an unidentified male.
Spooner Police Department:
In the past week our office has taken reports involving females who have been walking, and believed that a male was following them. At this point the male is unidentified.
If you or someone you know has observed anything like this, please contact our office at 715-635-3527. If you believe you are being followed, call 9-1-1.
Follow these safety tips for extra precaution.
- Walk with a partner.
- Try to walk during hours of daylight, or in a well lit area.
- Vary your route, don't be predictable!
- Carry a cell phone in case of emergency.
- Let a trusted know when you are leaving, and when you will get back.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Take note of any suspicious people or vehicles and try to remember their description.
- Stay in populated areas.
- If wearing headphones, keep music at a low volume so you can hear your surroundings.