Stone Lake Receives $2,962 in Reimbursement from Wisconsin Disaster Fund
The Washburn County Emergency Management Office recently received a check in the amount of $2,962.11 from the Wisconsin Disaster Fund to reimburse a local unit of government for the damages they sustained from the severe storm event of 6/11/2017.
The Town of Stone Lake incurred and documented eligible recovery efforts totaling $4,231.58. The claim was submitted to the Wisconsin Disaster Fund. The Wisconsin Disaster Fund will reimburse 70 percent of the eligible costs if funds are available.
The Wisconsin Disaster Fund was created by order of the 2005 Wisconsin Act 269 and enacted April 5, 2006, to provide state disaster assistance to local government units. This assistance is for damages and costs incurred as a result of a major catastrophe when federal assistance is not available.
Carol Buck, Director
Photo: Town Chair of Stone Lake Ted Crandell; Emergency Management Director Carol Buck
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Shell Lake Woman Charged With OWI 4th; Blood Alcohol Twice Legal Limit
- Shell Lake Man Sentenced on Reduced Charges
- Wisconsin’s New Social Host Law: An Important Tool to Prevent Underage Drinking
- Wisconsin’s Plan to Implement 'Every Student Succeeds Act' Approved
- Namekagon River Highlighted as Wisconsin's Moving National Park with Help from Tourism Grant
- Washburn County Jail Bookings from 1/8 to 1/14
- This Week's Great Deals from Economart - 1/15 to 1/21
- Events in Washburn County from 1/15 to 1/28
- Winter Camping Rendevous Set for Feb.1-4 At Sawmill Lake Campground
- Shell Lake PD's Monthly Report from 12/11 to 1/8