Editor’s note: “Support Staff Spotlight” is a weekly series that shines a spotlight on those that work behind the scenes in our area county departments that keep everything running smoothly. These individuals rarely get any attention (or credit?) but are vital to their respective departments. A new “Support Staff Spotlight” (formerly known as "21 Things You Might Not Know About Me") from one of our six-county coverage-area county departments will be published each Monday on DrydenWire.com.
WASHBURN COUNTY -- This week, we shine the spotlight on Amanda Shafer. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Amanda, she is the Chief Deputy Clerk of Court at the Washburn County Clerk of Court Office and has been with the Clerk of Court Office for 9 years.
Before you read Amanda’s “21 Things You Might Know About Me,” check out what Washburn County Clerk of Court Shannon Anderson had to say about Amanda:
"Amanda Shafer has been a valuable staff member at the Washburn County Clerk of Court Office for the past 9 amount of years with her area of expertise being in the criminal and juvenile area, but is always willing to fill in where needed and continues to my right-hand person in running our office. Amanda is not only a dedicated staff member that serves the public and courts with respect, integrity and dedication, but she also volunteers her time in the community." — Shannon Anderson
Shannon also adds that she officially has “no comment” on #20 ("or her Nerf aim") of Amanda’s 21 Things.
21 Things About Me: Amanda Shafer
- I handle the Criminal and Juvenile cases for the Washburn County Clerk of Court’s Office. Although those are my main caseloads, I am cross-trained to handle all case types, including Traffic, Civil and Family cases.
- I go to Court on a daily basis. Some may think we are court reporters because we are also typing while in court, but clerks are the file keepers. We maintain and process the court files within our county. I always encourage people to come to a court hearing and view the process.
- I enjoy my job and the diversity it brings on a daily basis. I have been able to meet and work with some of the best Attorneys in the state.
- I have lived in Washburn County for almost 14 years.
- I am a Mom of three awesome boys, who keep me very busy! Brennan is 13, Skyler is 11, and Brayden is 7. They attend the Shell Lake School District and are involved in every activity they can be!
- I have two dogs, Piper and Charlie, and a crazy cat named Bean Sprout, who is Brayden’s best buddy.
- I grew up being a part of the Law Enforcement family as my Mother worked for Burnett County Sheriff’s Department for 40 years. For some reason, she always knew what I was up to! :)
- I have always had an interest in the court system. During the summer months when I was in college, I worked part-time for the DA’s Office and the Sheriff’s Department in Burnett County.
- My co-workers are my second family, and my dearest friends. Not only do we spend Monday-Friday together, we plan nights and weekends together with our families as well.
- I have been able to coach my kids’ basketball teams over the years - Currently, I am coaching the sixth graders.
- The summer months are my favorite. Most of our nights are spent at the baseball field, but on the rare occasion we have a night off, you can find us at the beach, fishing, or at Matt’s Ice Cream Shack with friends.
- I may be a little bit competitive. Whether it is a lawn game, card game, or anything. I like to win.
- I am a 2017 Graduate of Leadership Washburn County! A great program offered in Washburn County! Through the program, I gained more knowledge and insight into Washburn County. I also gained a new network of friends.
- I work part-time at Round Man Brewing Co. in Spooner. The Churchill Family is the absolute best, and treat me like one of their own.
- My witty sense of humor is one of my best qualities. I like to joke around and have fun!
- I am a big fan of Packer and Badger Football game days. Lambeau Field is one of my favorite places! I have yet to make it to Camp Randall, but I hope to someday.
- I enjoy traveling and vacations with family and friends…I mean who doesn’t??!!
- I really really really dislike snakes. I was brave once and actually held a small one on a field trip with my oldest son. Believe me, it will NOT happen again!
- I am a seafood lover, and can never pass up a good Mexican dish.
- I enjoy a variety of music; just ask my co-workers, and they love it when I sing to them in the office.
- I am thankful and blessed to have an amazing family, friends, and co-workers.