Editor’s note: “Support Staff Spotlight” is a weekly series that shines a spotlight on those that work behind the scenes in our area county departments that keep everything running smoothly. These individuals rarely get any attention (or credit?) but are vital to their respective departments. A new “Support Staff Spotlight” (formerly known as "21 Things You Might Not Know About Me") from one of our six-county coverage-area county departments will be published each Monday on DrydenWire.com.
WASHBURN COUNTY -- This week, we shine the spotlight on Lindsay Pederson. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Lindsay, she is a Legal Assistant at the Washburn County District Attorney's Office and has been at the DA's Office for 7 years.
Before you read Lindsay’s “21 Things You Might Know About Me,” check out what her boss, Washburn County District Attorney Aaron Marcoux had to say about her:
"Lindsay Pederson is probably one of, if not the, most undervalued assets for Washburn County. Lindsay is intelligent, intuitive, and always willing to adapt. She is the DA Office’s rock, upon which all is built." -- Aaron Marcoux
21 Things About Me: Lindsay Pederson
- I was born in St. Paul, MN, and moved to Shell Lake, WI with my family when I was 7 years old.
- I grew up in the bar and restaurant business. My parents owned and/or managed several places in Minnesota and Wisconsin, including the old “Tiptown” and “Becky’s” in Shell Lake.
- After moving to Shell Lake I grew up on the lake, swimming, boating, skiing, tubing, jet-skiing, fishing, and just enjoying the outdoors. Today, I still enjoy all of these activities with my own family.
- One of my best friends in high school was a foreign exchange student from Brazil, Paula. We still keep in touch from time to time but I miss her dearly and hope to one day see her in person again!
- I graduated from Shell Lake High School and went to college in Minnesota, eventually graduating from Globe University with an Associate’s degree in Paralegal studies.
- For some reason, I always knew I would end up working in the legal field. I’ve always enjoyed watching television shows like Law and Order, The Practice, Scandal, Snapped, 20/20, The First 48, and Cops.
- I have been married to my husband, Jake, for 7 years (together for 10) and we have a blended family of 8 … three girls, Kayla, Korah, and Kenley, two dogs, Maddie and Cooper, and one cat, boots.
- I am a fan of all Wisconsin sports. You can find me cheering on the Badgers, Packers, Brewers, and Bucks. Every year my husband and I make sure to get to at least a few Brewer’s games at Miller Park in Milwaukee. Such a fun time!
- I have been volunteer coaching youth volleyball, basketball, and softball in Shell Lake for several years. It’s been a joy working with the kids, and seeing them improve and enjoy playing the sport.
- Volleyball is my favorite sport to play. Every summer I play in a sand volleyball league with a great group of people. Not only do we get quite the workout on the court but lots of laughter and fun!
- I LOVE SHOES!
- I love amusement parks! You could probably call me a thrill seeker because my favorite part is the rollercoasters! I don’t think I have ever turned down the opportunity to go again and again.
- I am not a fan of snakes. Dead or alive they freak me out.
- I enjoy traveling and making memories with my family. As a child, our family went to Disney Land and Hawaii. In my adulthood, I’ve visited Gulf Shores, Alabama, the Caribbean on a cruise, Disney World, and Myrtle Beach, North Carolina. If I could travel anywhere in the world I would go to Athens, Greece.
- I consider myself a foodie. As a child, I was a picky eater but today I enjoy trying new restaurants and new dishes whenever I can. My favorite foods include curry fried rice, steak/seafood, and any kind of burger!
- I prefer to listen to live music. Not necessarily big concerts in stadiums but local artists and musicians.
- Family is a very important part of my life. My family is pretty small but I am very close with my mom, Deb, and two sisters, Christi and Laura. My mom also works in the District Attorney’s Office. We call her “part-time Deb” and she has been helping the office convert our paper files to an electronic database. Christi is a 2nd-grade teacher with Spooner School District and Laura is a hair stylist at Duo Tones Salon in Duluth, MN. I have one living grandparent, Foz, who will be turning 94 years old in April.
- In 2012 I was subpoenaed to testify at trial in Federal Court in Minnesota. Don’t worry, it wasn’t me. I was employed at a law firm where the owner made a series of bad decisions to keep his firm open and was convicted and sentenced to prison.
- I work with an amazing group of people at the DA’s Office. We work together to achieve our daily tasks with support, respect, and encouragement.
- If I could have any job I wanted I would flip houses. I love being creative with design and watching the transformation happen in front of me. Home is where the heart is!
- The End :)
Note: You can read "21 Things" from other support staff members from our area county departments by clicking the link below.