“Support Staff Spotlight” is a weekly series that shines a spotlight on those that work behind the scenes in our area county departments that keep everything running smoothly. These individuals rarely get any attention (or credit?) but are vital to their respective departments. A new “Support Staff Spotlight” (formerly known as "21 Things You Might Not Know About Me") from one of our six-county coverage-area county departments will be published each Monday on DrydenWire.com.
BARRON COUNTY -- This week, we shine the spotlight on Patricia Hogan. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Patricia, she is a Legal Secretary at the Barron County District Attorney's Office and has been at the DA's Office since 2021.
Before you read Patricia’s “21 Things You Might Know About Me,” check out what her boss, Barron County District Attorney Brian Wright, had to say about her:
"Patty is an integral part of the Barron County District Attorney’s Office, working primarily on felony level cases. Patty is smart and dedicated to the work of obtaining justice for the victims of crime and the protection of our community. Patty’s positive attitude and strong work ethic are valued attributes in the District Attorney’s office. We are thankful that Patty is part of our team." – Brian Wright
21 Things About Me: Patricia Hogan
- I moved to Barron County in 2019 after living in a suburb south of the Twin Cities my whole life.
- I moved to Barron County for my boyfriend whose family has a dairy farm and I love living in the country.
- I’ve driven through Barron County my whole life on the way to my cabin, not knowing I’d be living here one day.
- My high school graduating class was bigger than the population of the whole town I live in now.
- I had two dogs growing up but now I have chickens, who all have their own names; Blue, Marley, Buffy, Lacey, Dottie, and Roxy. All of their names are a variation of their breed.
- I have my mom, dad, and brother, two bonus parents, and a bonus brother; all of who I love very much. Plus my boyfriend’s family treats me as their own.
- I was named after my grandma which is why I kind of have an old lady name.
- I love kids! I worked at a daycare for three years during college and babysat for many years.
- I mostly listen to country music and have been to countless concerts. Taylor Swift was my first.
- I don’t like coffee but love going to Starbucks for a Venti Pink Drink with four pumps of vanilla syrup and no strawberries. Unfortunately, there aren’t any Starbucks’ nearby, so my V8 Energies do the trick day-to-day.
- I have been donating blood several times per year since I was in high school.
- I spend a week at my cabin over the Fourth of July every year with my family and my cabin neighbors who are only in town over the Fourth.
- I love being out on the water and swimming any time I can.
- I love to be outside, especially at my cabin. I have been 4-wheeling and snowmobiling since I was 5 years old.
- “The Office” is the BEST show and I have watched it countless times. I have also met two of the actors from the show (Todd Packer and Kevin Malone).
- I love to travel. I am traveling through Italy this summer!
- My boyfriend and I go on a quick ski trip every winter.
- I have been a bridesmaid in three weddings now and I am hoping I will be next. :)
- I have a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology with a minor in Anthropology. I enjoyed the subject, but I never had a dream job.
- I was first hired as an administrative assistant at the DA’s Office. I applied for it on a whim.
- I always thought going to work would be a drag until I started my current position. Now I’m proud to say I love my job!
Note: You can read "21 Things" from other support staff members from our area county departments by clicking the link below.