“Support Staff Spotlight” is a weekly series that shines a spotlight on those that work behind the scenes in our area county departments that keep everything running smoothly. These individuals rarely get any attention (or credit?) but are vital to their respective departments. A new “Support Staff Spotlight” (formerly known as "21 Things You Might Not Know About Me") from one of our six-county coverage-area county departments will be published each Monday on DrydenWire.com.
WASHBURN COUNTY -- This week, we shine the spotlight on Rhona Kemp. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Rhona, she is a Legal Assistant at the Washburn County District Attorney's Office and has been at the DA's Office since 2017.
- Support Staff Spotlight: Lindsay Pederson
- Support Staff Spotlight: Jerusha Dryden
Before you read Rhona’s “21 Things You Might Know About Me,” check out what her boss, Washburn County District Attorney Aaron Marcoux had to say about her:
"I am extremely proud of Rhona. Our diversion programs have more than doubled in the last two years, thus so has her workload. She not only has adjusted accordingly she has taken a leadership role allowing the programs to run more efficient and effectively than before." -- Aaron Marcoux
21 Things About Me: Rhona Kemp
- I was born and raised in Spooner, WI.
- I am the middle child of 3. I have an older sister, Nichole, who lives in Spooner, and a younger sister, Lindsey, who lives in Chippewa Falls.
- Growing up I have a lot of fond memories of camping every Summer with my family. My parents took us on a road trip to California to Disney Land. We drove there hauling our camper and stayed at all of the KOA campgrounds along the way. My favorite part of the whole trip was the Sequoia National Park and the Bad Lands National Park.
- I met my husband on a blind date and 8 months later he proposed to me. We have been married for 20 years and together we have two boys, Tristan and Tanner. We also have two fur babies, Joey and Bandit. Along with four cows and yes we name them all!! Cub, Buttercup, Karen, and Peanut.
- My family is very important to me and we are very close.
- My hobbies include scrapbooking, cardmaking, and embroidery. And I am also learning how to make my own jewelry.
- I am a History junkie, I love watching Planet Earth and anything True Crime.
- At one point in my youth, I wanted to be an Astronaut. I wrote a letter to NASA and they sent me a NASA badge, I was so excited to receive that!!
- My favorite food is Chinese, tater tots and nachos!!
- If I could go anywhere in the world it would be to Bali and England.
- I LOVE coffee with Hazelnut creamer- I never liked coffee until several years ago, my co-workers got me hooked!!
- I love the color pink!
- I like to collect things and a few things I like to collect is Pink Depression Glass and Hobnail Milk Glass. I have a piece in my curio cabinet that is over 125 years old.
- I love house plants and have propagated many of them. There is a sense of happiness watching them grow! I have also tried growing my own romaine lettuce in my kitchen window!
- I started working in the DA’s office part-time in 2017 and also worked part-time in the Human Resource Department for Washburn County. In 2019, I became full-time in the DA’s office.
- I absolutely love my job! My co-workers are like my 2nd family, they all are the best!
- I was a stay-at-home mom for 8 years, I volunteered a lot at the school when my boys were in 4K and went on many school field trips with them. I cherished every moment!
- My favorite holidays are Christmas and Thanksgiving.
- I love to laugh and also love making other people laugh, it’s good for the soul!
- I like to find new recipes and then make my family try them. I have them rate the recipe from 1-10 and if I get a 10, it goes in my recipe box. There have been a few failures along the way!!
- If I could go to any concert, it would be Luke Combs.
Note: You can read "21 Things" from other support staff members from our area county departments by clicking the link below.
Last Update: Apr 24, 2023 6:35 pm CDT