Editor’s note: “Support Staff Spotlight” is a weekly series that shines a spotlight on those that work behind the scenes in our area county departments that keep everything running smoothly. These individuals rarely get any attention (or credit?) but are vital to their respective departments. A new “Support Staff Spotlight” (formerly known as "21 Things You Might Not Know About Me") from one of our six-county coverage-area county departments will be published each Monday on DrydenWire.com.
POLK COUNTY -- This week, we shine the spotlight on Shabana Lundeen. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Shabana, she was a Deputy County Clerk in Polk County for nearly 3 years. However, in January of 2023, she was promoted to the position of County Clerk of Polk County following the retirement of Lisa Ross.
Before you read Shabana’s “21 Things You Might Know About Me,” check out what the former County Clerk of Polk County (Shabana’s previous boss until last month) Lisa Ross, had to say about her:
“Shabana always rises to the occasion and gives 100% no matter the situation. She is always willing to step up and do what needs to be done-even if it falls outside of her job duties and she's shown an admirable commitment to Polk County.” — Lisa Ross
21 Things About Me: Shabana Lundeen
- I grew up locally and graduated from Frederic High School where I met my now husband, Seneca Lundeen.
- I have been married to Mr. Lundeen for almost 6 years and we have 3 gremlins. Millee (5), Laith (3), and little Ardee (3 months).
- My husband is my absolute best friend, and picking on him is my favorite pastime. He's a trooper about it.
- It amazes me how much personality my little goblins already have. Millee is Miss Attitude, she is sneaky and smart. Watch out for her, she will do big things. Laith is the sweetest and most stubborn kid I've ever met. He loves to farm and work with Dad. Ardee tolerates no BS. She doesn't think I'm as funny as the other 2 thought I was. Instead she usually just looks at us all like we're crazy.
- I love football. Sundays are for pizza and the Packers.
- My favorite color is purple, but not Minnesota purple- green and gold all the way.
- Some people may classify me as slightly competitive. I'm not competitive, I just like to always win.
- I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.
- I love 4-wheeling around our land. I take the kids out but I particularly love going around on my own in the spring when mud is plentiful.
- There are 5 main food groups- cereal, steak, ice cream, tacos, and Hawaiian Rolls. It's a good thing I married a beef farmer, otherwise, the amount of steak I can eat would get ridiculously expensive.
- I love to sing. I'd like to get out and do more karaoke, but there's just never enough time.
- I really love all kinds of music. Lately, my favorite song has been "You Proof" by Morgan Wallen. Anything Luke Combs, and my all-time favorite song is "John Deere Green". Typically my radio is on 105.7, Willie Country. However, we've been playing a lot of "1985" by Bowling for Soup and "Astronaut in the Ocean" as those are Millees favorite songs. She learned "Astronaut in the Ocean" from another student in 4k.
- Snacks are life- food is love.
- My first big girl purchase with my new job was an Xbox One X. I love to game, and all my consoles were outdated and purchased secondhand. I've been enjoying some Modern Warfare 2 and Skyrim when I get the chance.
- I REALLY hate the cold and being cold. I know I live in the completely wrong area.
- I drive a 6-speed manual dodge dart (2015). It's like a little racecar. I love that thing.
- I love to read. Mostly fantasy or dystopia. I will go on a kick with a series and read like 8 books in 2 weeks, love all the characters, and be so sad when it's over. Then I'll read nothing for a couple of months until I find the next great series.
- I was in the Kinship program as a kid and am truly indebted to the program for introducing Dave and Kathy Mueller into my life. I would not be where I am today without them and the support of all of my family including my in-laws who also double as my daycare. I am truly blessed.
- The amount of movie quotes and song lyrics going through my head at any given moment, or that come to my mind in normal conversation is astounding. I wish my head was filled with things slightly more useful.
- I have been slowly marking things off my bucket list. I saw Luke Combs front row, I obtained my Concealed Carry Permit for Wisconsin and Minnesota, and some other things include getting my CDL and singing the National Anthem at a televised event. Not sure how I'm gonna do that last one, so if anyone has any leads, let me know!
- I truly love the work that I do and I love the people I work with. I've gotten to meet some amazing people, and I'm so lucky to have Katey as a Deputy. She came into a mess with me going out on maternity leave and the previous Clerk resigning. She stuck it out and I'm super thankful for her.
Note: You can read "21 Things" from other support staff members from our area county departments by clicking the link below.