SPOONER, Wis. -- Wisconsin Independent Gubernatorial Candidate, Joan Beglinger, will be joining DrydenWire founder Ben Dryden for a Live chat Thursday morning!
The live show is scheduled to start at 8:30a on Thursday, April 7, 2022, on DrydenWire’s Facebook page. If you’re unable to watch live, a recording will be published on DrydenWire’s YouTube channel and DrydenWire.com Thursday afternoon.
Why am I running?
I believe we are a country in serious decline. Changes have been subtle over decades, and many of us are only now awakening to the realization that if we don’t turn things around, we will lose the country we know and cherish.
I did not aspire to be a politician. To the contrary, I’ve been living the dream in retirement. The risks to our democracy are too great to sit on the sideline. I’ve always followed Arthur Ashe’s advice: “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” I have the character, competence and courage to lead.
Who am I?
- Lifetime resident of Wisconsin. Married 48 years.
- Registered Nurse with a Master’s Degree in Nursing and an Executive MBA.
- Professional clinical experience - 10 years in Critical Care – A Clinical Nurse Specialist at St. Luke’s Hospital in Milwaukee.
- Professional Administrative experience – nearly 30 years as a Vice President for Patient Care at Aurora Sinai in Milwaukee and St. Mary’s Hospital in Madison.
- Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives and Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing.
How will I Govern?
- Truth. I will always tell you the truth. I will seek the truth in all matters and shine a light on it for everyone to see. I will tell you what I am doing and why. I will not expect everyone to agree with me, but will always make decisions with our citizens as the focus.
- Freedom. The government does not give us our freedoms. The government exists to protect our freedoms. The government must have the consent of the governed to operate legitimately. Unnecessary government intrusion into our lives is an affront to our freedom. I will not be a regulator and I do not believe government is the best answer to most questions.
- Self-sufficiency. Dependence and entitlement are destroying people. They deprive citizens of the joy of achievement and the ability to contribute. They are a source of power for the government. I will expect able bodied people to work and, while anyone may need a safety net at some point in time, dependence cannot be a way of life. I will expect everyone to contribute consistent with their ability.
- Personal Accountability. I will always assume full accountability for everything I do. We all have the opportunity to develop and use our talents. With a dream and determination, the possibilities are endless. I reject the excuse of victimhood for failure and the idea we should covet what others have. We are responsible for the choices we make. The government can help its citizens realize their dreams by staying out of their way.