Former Wisconsin Assembly Representative, Adam Jarchow, and former Wisconsin Senator, Patty Schachtner, will join me live Thursday morning at 8:30a on DrydenWire’s Facebook page for this month's episode of “Politically Speaking” w/ Adam & Patty.
Questions/Topics For This Month’s Show
Note: Adam & Patty submit 3 questions/topics prior to the show for discussion.
- Adam: Evers signs the budget and touts republican tax cut. Why?
- Patty: Why did GOP leadership (Vos, LeMahieu) make such “childish PeeWee Herman-like (‘I know you are but what am I’) statements about the Governor signing the budget?”
- Adam: Why did Evers veto the second amendment sanctuary bill?
- Patty: Why are vaccines becoming such a hot topic?
- Adam: Are Biden’s policies causing inflation?
- Patty: What are the 2 best outcomes of policy - either national or state - the other party did that was “good” in the last 4 years, and why?
Politically Speaking W/ Adam Jarchow & Patty Schachtner is presented by Kirkpatrick Law Offices. Attorney Matthew Kirkpatrick provides experienced, professional, efficient, and effective representation in criminal defense, collections, and other legal areas.
Adam Jarchow, a business and real estate attorney in Polk County as well as a small business owner, is a former Republican Legislator. He’s married with two kids. He enjoys fishing, hunting, and traveling.
Patty Schachtner, from Somerset, is married with 6 children and 12 grandchildren. Her career path has always tilted towards the Emergency Service part of Healthcare. As a self-proclaimed undercover nerd, she loves identifying public health trends and working with policymakers on solutions. As a former Democratic Legislator, she says she now has a better understanding of how to get those policies implemented from a local, state, and national level.
“More speech is better than less speech,” Adam said when asked what his reason was for signing on for the show. “Having a dialogue with political opponents is important. Bringing our experience and perspective to NW Wisconsin, which does not get much WI news, can add value to our political discourse.”
Patty added that “Because Adam and I are on opposite sides of the political spectrum if we can consciously take the time and effort to hear things from each other's perspective respectively anybody can.”
This show will be the 7th episode since we first launched this monthly series in January.