***UPDATE 2*** The Lac Courte Oreilles Tribal Police Department has issued the following statement on the tragedy in Sawyer County.
On April 20, 2017 at approximately 11:00 a.m. three individuals were found deceased in their home on the Lac Courte Oreilles Reservation. Preliminary autopsy reports indicate that all three individuals died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Investigating departments are waiting for toxicology results. This incident is still under investigation by the Lac Courte Oreilles Tribal Police Department and Sawyer County Sheriff’s Department. The names have not been released pending notification of family.
***UPDATE 1*** According to Fox 21, the LCO police are awaiting autopsy results to determine the final cause of death. A statement is also expected later today with more details about the incident.
Authorities are investigating the deaths of three persons found in a home on the Lac Courte Oreilles Reservation in Sawyer County on Thursday, April 20. Initial reports suggest the cause of death was due to a carbon monoxide incident.
On Thursday, the Sawyer County Sheriff’s department received the call that two individuals were unresponsive, a male and female, in the home on County Highway K near the LCO Country Store. A third victim was also discovered in the home. A stretch of Highway K was closed Thursday afternoon while investigators were on the scene.
According to a GoFundMe page set up by Kaitlin Rady, the victims were Darrell Isham, David Quaderer, and Cece Miller, all Hayward residents. “All of the individuals who passed have families and young children,” the page said.
DrydenWire.com will continue to update the community on this situation when any significant activity or progress develops.